15

Dedicated to nes075

VIHAAN

I stood there hugging Natasha. She had heard everything I had told Rishabh. This is not how I wanted to confess my feelings to her. But since she knows I cant help it now. At the moment she was in my arms and I wanted to kiss her and never stop. I stopped myself from doing that . I needed to give her time. everything happened so fast that even I couldn’t cope up with the pace in which our lives were moving. Another  important thing is that this is all new for me, yeah I know I was in a relationship with Alisha for a few months but that wasn’t enough.

The hug lasted for a few more minutes and then we pulled apart. I pushed a few strands of her hair which was blocking my eyes from meeting hers behind her ear. She looked at  me with her orbs filled with curiosity.

“You have something to ask me?” I questioned her in a  low tone.

She nodded and I questioned her with my eyes.

“Were you asking me  out on a date earlier today?” she asked me and I didn’t want to give away the truth.

She spoke again when she understood that I wasn’t going to answer the question.

“Don’t even try to lie or avoid the question.” She said to me as if she had read my mind.

Maybe I could avoid the actual question by never admitting the answer YES to her and replace the question with another  question.

“So I shouldn’t avoid the question?” I asked and she nodded.

“What if I avoid your question and instead ask you another one? What is your opinion?”

She raised one of her eyebrows at me. Oh my, even she could do that? I’ve always wanted to do that and have tried my best at it, but still failed. Scoring a triple ton  in a one day international against England , South Africa or Australia felt easier to me than doing this.

She cleared her throat attracting my attention.

“What do you mean Vihaan by another question? I want to know the answer and be honest.”

“Really?? Not after this”

I was never going t admit it before her, cal it my male ego or whatever it is. But even I didn’t know why wouldn’t I say that aloud. So I asked her another question after seeing the confused expression written all over her beautiful face.

“Can I pick you up tomorrow at seven for a date?”

Was that question too formal?  That was the first time  I asked someone out on a date. With Alisha it was all her.  She asked me, she took me. It was like she was  the guy in that relationship except for the occasional rants and pouting. I hate to admit it, but  it was true. I’m glad that ended  that too on a  good note.

“What did you just say?” She asked me after a while of silence.

“The same thing that you heard” I said with a faint smile.

I was really afraid of her answer but I hoped that she wouldn’t say NO.

“You can” She finally replied and a big smile broke out on my face.

I wasn’t surprised, still I was happy. Not just happy, but  really really happy since I was successful in asking a girl out. She smiled too and my smile brightened. Was that even possible? Well I didn’t know.

We chatted for about thirty minutes and she tried to bring in tomorrow’s  date into conversation. She wanted to know where we were going but I didn’t spill my plans. I didn’t give out the details.