10

Dedicated to LoveStruckAngel

VIHAAN

I stood in front of Rishabh who had his phone to his ears.  No response I guess.  Else he would have talked by now.  The frown that formed on his face confirmed that I was right. 

“Sorry man he isn’t picking the phone. Maybe we could try again later” he said as he cut the call.

“That’ll be fine bro” I said.

“Rish I’m going to help your mother in the kitchen. You guys need something?” She pointed the question at me.

“I’m fine” I replied. 

“I’m too. We’ll have dinner together”

“Sure” Anya said hugging Rishabh by the side before exiting the room.

She turned to leave but stopped and looked at me

“And who was the previous girl?”

“Oh that was a fan girl who took a picture with me about four years ago”

“Okay” she smiled at me before leaving the room.

“So your interview went well?”

“Yup, didn’t I say that before?”

“Maybe. When is it being aired?”

“Today at 6 pm”

“What? Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Its 6:10 already.”

We rushed to his room settled down quickly and switched on the TV. I hope we didn’t miss the rapid fire segment. I really wanted to see Natasha again.

There I was, on the screen, sitting across from Mr. Sharma answering his question why I chose cricket.

“ Why I chose cricket? Nice question. But I don’t know the answer to this question. Maybe I can say I wanted to become famous and the two best options for that was either acting or playing cricket and I chose the latter.” I heard myself say.

I know that answer doesn’t make any sort of sense. But I couldn’t reveal the real reason. Maybe I can tell you guys. I chose cricket because my dad hated that game. He wanted me to be a doctor and here I’m today.

Natasha was now on screen  with the rapid fire round.  And my thoughts drifted to that fan when I heard that question again. I think Niveda has a cut-out of the picture which came in paper the next day with that girl standing next to me. If I was lucky enough then she would have it with her still. Wait I needed to pick them from the airport and that is why she had called me.