MESSAGE TO THE READER

March 14, 2024

My Dearest Reader,

This book may hold a few historical hiccups. My inspiration came not from dusty archives, but from stolen moments between college and late-night whispers with the person who held my heart. Consider it as a heartfelt, messy love letter.

Here you'll find a reflection of my own journey, a personal journal where I poured my thoughts after that pivotal night of February 17th, 2024. But beware, for within these pages, a curious twist awaits. The narrative intertwines with whispers of history, weaving a fantastical tale that delves into the world you know and love – the world of the Assassin's Creed.

Maybe things didn't go the way I'd hoped on February 17th. But sometimes, even the most beautiful flames leave behind a flicker of inspiration.

Perhaps you'll find some creative liberties taken with established lore. Blame it on a touch of post-date yearning, and a desire to explore this incredible world with the most beautiful, talented, and extraordinary person I know (she has everything). Think of it as an expansion of thoughts and voices that I missed the chance to tell her, a love song sung in the language of hidden blades and ancient secrets.

So, dive in, dear reader, and forgive the occasional historical misstep. This is a journey fueled by a love that, while extraordinary, wasn't meant to be. It's a testament to the beauty and, sometimes, the bittersweet ache that can bloom from a single, unforgettable date.

With a heart full of what-ifs, a wild imagination, and of course, love,

The Author