May 1, 1882

I.

Today marks the eve of my birthday. As preparation for tomorrow's event, I tried on my Templar garb. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I couldn't help but be pleasantly surprised by how handsome I looked in the Templar attire. I felt a sense of satisfaction wash over me as I realized that I would soon become an official member of the Templars. Memories flooded back of the mysterious individuals who had worn similar attire when they visited our home in the past. However, my smile died on my lips as I realized the challenge of sharing my visions in front of the Templar members who would be attending. What would they think? Were they ready for this?

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door, and I quickly turned to face it, my thoughts momentarily interrupted.

"Who's there?" I asked as I approached the door. 

There was no response. 

As I swung the door open, Carlos greeted me on the other side. 

"Oh, Carlos, what are you doing here?" I was taken aback by his sudden visit. 

There was a brief moment of silence before he responded. 

"Ah, nothing; I just wanted to visit my close friend before his birthday," he replied. 

"Ah, I see," I said, motioning for him to enter my dormitory. 

"Is there anything you'd like to talk about?"

"Ah, yes... About Angeles," he said as he took a seat. 

"Oh, what about Angeles?" I asked, with a slight chuckle. 

"Has he faced the consequences of her foolishness yet?" I added playfully.

"Not yet, not yet," he said, scratching the side of his nose.

I grabbed a glass and filled it with water to offer him. 

"I've heard even juicier news," he continued.

"Oh, what have you heard?" I handed him the glass, and he took a sip.

"I heard that Angeles will be discontinuing his studies," he said. 

"What? Why?" 

"I heard there's a dispute over land in her family, so he'll be ceasing her studies here and returning to Madrid."

"Well, good riddance," I remarked.

There was a brief pause before he added, "It's good that there will be fewer scoundrels like him around."

Carlos and I burst into laughter.

"Oh, how are you going to tell the entire Templar order about your visions?" Carlos's question caught me off guard, abruptly halting my laughter.

"That's the thing... I'm nervous. I don't know if they'll accept the truth..."

"But what did you see that made you say that the cause our order fights for is wrong?" He tilted his head inquisitively.

I met his gaze and spoke sincerely, "In my visions, I saw a city, incredibly advanced, with towering buildings as white as silver."

Carlos's expression mirrored my awe at my words.

 "But... inside those buildings, there seemed to be people from ancient times, almost as if they were even from before the era of Mesopotamia."

"Really? So, what about them?"

"They were slaves, Carlos... Controlled, yes, but free, no."

"Oh, so how does this relate to our doctrine?"

"The grandmaster told me... Yes, I spoke to the grandmaster," I added quickly before continuing,

"that a sage like me is connected to those who came before us."

"Oh?"

"I am a sage, and our doctrine follows the teachings written in the book of Jacques De Molay, revived by Thomas Germain."

Carlos looked at me, waiting for me to elaborate.

"Guess who Jacques De Molay and Germain were... They were Sages, like me," I pointed to myself to help Carlos understand my point.

"So, does this mean?"

"Yes...We're not fighting for order...I think we seek to control." 

I looked at him, my expression betraying a hint of fear at what I had just revealed. 

Carlos suddenly stood up, accidentally knocking over the glass he had placed on the table. 

We both looked at the shattered glass.

"Alright, Qingsen, I'll leave you now," he tapped my shoulder before walking away.

"Take care," I replied.

I quickly cleaned up the broken glass, but for some reason, I felt a sudden punch to the gut. I brushed it off, not wanting it to ruin my mood for tomorrow.