October 12, 1883

I.

It's been a year since I just recently reclaimed my property, this journal.

To start, let us go back to the night of my initiation on the 2nd of May.

The sun was about to reach its dawn as I finished getting dressed. I looked at the mirror in awe, as I never saw myself as attractive in my reflection. Wearing the templar garb, underneath a simple camisa and a red ribbon around the collar, topped over with a cotton-made jacket. This is it. I sighed.

Moments later, I heard my carriage and, shortly thereafter, a knock through my door. I opened the door and was greeted by Senyor Flores, my coachman. I forwarded to my carriage and immediately sat in there. I tap the roof to indicate that I'm ready to leave. Soon after, I felt the motion inside as the horses accelerated.

"Are we there yet?" I asked as boredom began to strike me.

"I'm afraid, not mi senor. But rest assured, I guarantee we'll arrive there early." Senyor Flores affirmed.

Since I have no control over this, I looked through the window to gaze on my own reflection.

II.

"We're here, senor."

Finally, we arrived at our residence. I stood before our grand mansion, adorned with a multitude of exquisite decorations that danced in the gentle breeze. The sight filled me with a wave of nostalgia and longing; I had missed the comforting embrace of my home. As I gazed upon its majestic facade, a silent wish echoed in my mind, hoping that I wouldn't have to depart from this sanctuary again to pursue my studies in Manila. 

The feeling was overwhelming as I observed the scene around me. Countless senoras and senores adorned in resplendent trajes de gala filled the venue, their presence adding an air of elegance and sophistication to the atmosphere. It was a sight to behold, as each intricate detail of their attire shimmered under the soft glow of the chandeliers, creating a mesmerizing spectacle that captivated all who beheld it. A lot of the well-known Templar families will also be here: the Mendez, the Rizals, the Santos, and many more.

I walked through the crowd and heard their murmuring.

"Was he the sage?"

"He seems... short for his age."

"It is true that the ceremony was for a... younger child?"

Those were some of the words I heard. In my mind, maybe they were just jealous. After all, I am the first sage honored by the order. Well, not after what happened in France a hundred years ago. I explored the whole  grounds to find my sister and my mother. Shortly after, I saw them over the sea of nobles. My mother, wearing a baro't saya, with white camisa and a panuelo over it, an emerald falda, and a darker green alampay over her skirt. To make it simple, oh, she's beautiful. Next to her is my sister, who has changed a bit, her hair is shorter now, but instead of wearing a saya, she's wearing a traditional royal blue Chaofu with red dragon embroidery and a blood red decorative belt, well, to represent our Chinese roots. She's dazzling. Little did I know that this would be the last time I'll see them.

"Mother! Mei Mei!" I called their names while running towards them.

Their frowned faces turned into a warm smile when they saw me waving my hands through the crowd.

"How are you?" Those were the words we exchanged with each other.

"I'm fine! Actually, I'm nervous" I held my mother's hand. "This is it Ma! I'm now a Templar knight."