아홉 ahop

"You really can't jump at all, can you?! It's 'cause you skipped out for a month!" Nishinoya ragged the ace. Asahi apologized, putting a hand behind his head.

Suga remarked lightheartedly, "That's really harsh, Nishinoya." They then burst into laughter. On the other side of the net, Tanaka gaped at the three before turning to the captain. "Daichi-saaaan!"

Daichi nodded. "Yup. But...when you add Asahi's revival to the veterans of the neighborhood association team, it'll be even harder on us." He didn't seen to mind though, based on his smile. After all, Asahi coming back was way more important.

The set resumed, 7-5, Neigborhood Association to Karasuno High School. You watched as Ennoshita received it, sending it to the black-haired detter. Stealing a glance at the blond on your left, you deduced that he was analyzing their receives. You turned your attention back to the game just in time to see Hinata and Kageyama do a quick.

"Nice one, Hinata, Kageyama!" The bald spiker praised. The ace, Noya, and Shinkei-nii's expressions were amusing to watch. "Yo, Shinkei-nii, get a grip," you teased. He scowled at you slightly before yelling at the freak duo.

"OOOI! WHY'D YOU JUMP THERE JUST NOW, SHORTY!" The "shorty" started before shakily answering. "Be...because the toss will come to me wherever...I am." Despite the given exclamation, your cousin was still baffled at the trust between the setter and spiker. Apparently...just now...he jumped without seeing the toss...did that first-year setter perfectly match his toss to that shorty's movements...? And on top of that, why did he declare "the toss will come to me" with such confidence? Is it normal to be able to swing without seeing the toss, on that belief alone?!

"What's the matter with you guys? Are you guys freaks?!" You leaned back slightly before snickering with Tsukishima at their confused expressions. When they turned to you for clarification, all they got was a shrug. Huh...in the volleyball sense, being compared to Kageyama is unbearable. He's a prodigy after all...

The set resumed with a parallel set from Suga, to which the manbun spiked with ease. For a month of no practice, his timing's good. On the court, Tanaka was verbally expressing the same thing.

You halfheartedly listened to the blond's commentary, as you were trying to focus on the game (not caring that Takeda-sensei was quite violently slapped on the back). Eventually, the Neighborhood Association team reached 24 points, Karasuno 5 points behind. Asahi noted that Hinata was in the front due to the new rotation, and was staring at him.

Right now, I'm marking the ace. I'm competing against Karasuno's ace. The words ran around in the tangerine's mind as he intently focused on Asahi. Seeing that he was about to spike, the middle blocker sprinted up to the net and jumped, managing to deflect the ball but not fully block it. Azumane on the other hand was shocked at how fast the shorty was.

"The way you hold your hands when you block is all wrong!" Kageyama scolded, showing a proper blocking form. "If you want to stop the ball, you do it like this! Like this!" When the boke didn't turn to him, he grabbed ahold of his head and attempted to turn it. It didn't seem very effective though, as the protagonist was still in awe of the ace. And you? You were imitating the way Tobio put his hands? or arms? up.

"Oi." The setter called.

When the decoy turned to Kageyama, all he could gush about was about how amazing the ace was. Seeing this, the other boy didn't proceed with what he originally intended to say. Due to being pressed for time, the second set immediately started.

You honestly didn't exactly recall much, but you *did* remember how Shoyo, who seemed to have spaced out, was struck with in the head by one of Asa...'s spikes. Huffing a bit, you walked over and kneeled down to him as the others yelled out exclamations of shock. A damp towel appeared in your hand from seemingly nowhere. That's weird, but I won't question it. Daichi and Tobio joined you, yelling out his name. The others started crowding around too, concerned for the short blocker.