I Am Not Giving Up - Give Up

A few days back. (The phonecall between Chris and Felix.)

- Hey Lixie!  - Hey Chris.

- How are you doing? - Fine...

- When are you coming back? - I .. actually I'm not.

- You are not?- No, something came up.

- Oh? - I'm gonna stay with Stella, we'll anounce her pregnancy.

- When did you decide that? I thought you wanted to... - Stella's mom found out. We think it's best if we tell our families together. I need you to tell Hyunjin, Chris. I don't want him to find out from gossip columns.

- Lix! You put me in an impossible position, mate!  - It's no big deal, Chris. Just tell him.

- Why can't you tell him yourself? - It's not something I wanna discuss with him over the phone.

- So, when are you coming back? - A few more days.

- Right... - I'll be back soon I promise. Just do me a favour and tell Hyunjin and the others. It's better if they hear it from you first. Ok?

- Ok Lix. I'll tell the others. - Thanks mate."

***********************************************

Chris' POV

Felix came back. The mood was over all strange, to put it mildly. Aside from Seungmin's open hostility towards him, Minho was his usual moody self and Hyunjin... something was different with Hyunjin. He was rather calm but distant. Like nothing could faze him. I wanted to ask Minho, I was really concerned about our young ferret but Minho was as always secretive and tight lipped. He avoided the subject altogether. 

I also wanted to ask about the... hickeys on that rabbit's neck the other day. He supposedly was with Hyunjin the night before. And he had made that confession about his feelings for him. I was rather curious, I admit it. Something is going on and I'm left in the dark, again. Oh, well. I guess, I'll find out along with the rest of the guys when it blows up in our faces again. Whatever IT might be. Gosh! I think we're living in a k-drama sometimes.

Unfortunately, Hyunjin was equally unwilling to open up to me. Maybe he thought I would take Felix's side, which was actually not true. I just wanted them to resolve their issues and move on, if possible. 

Is it too much to ask?

So, here we are again, Felix and I, trying and - evidently - failing to communicate. "I thought you said you wanted to be together again with Hyunjin. What the hell happened, Lix?" I exclaim in frustration. He shakes his head. "Nothing has changed. We just had to announce the pregnancy to our families, because Stella's mom found out." He repeats the same excuse, nonchalantly. "Nothing changed?" I am astounded. "Hyunjin is devastated! For fuck's sake, Lix! Did you even think about his feelings?" He looks at me, unbothered. "We're just going to have a child." "YOU will have a child, with Stella!" He just shrugs. "Hyunjin can be a father to the child too, since we will be together again." "You'll be together again? Does he know that? Or, is it again just you deciding for him?" He shrugs again. "How is that any different from having a surrogate, Chris?" I can't be hearing right. "Are you seriously asking me that?" I take a deep breath. "Felix, you broke up with him, pretty much told him to his face that you didn't love him anymore and disappeared. On top of that, you come back a couple of months later, announcing a child! All the while, you avoid taliking to him." "He will understand." I blink, annoyed. Could he be so oblivious? "He is heartbroken, Lix! He thinks you cheated on him! And, frankly, I don't blame him." "But I didn't." I huff in frustration. "I don't know what is wrong with you but I hope you get a hold of yourself sooner rather than later, cause you are deluding yourself here, Lix." He stares at me, unfazed. "He loves me!" He repeats stubbornly. I purse my lips.