Another Night, Another Morning

The rays of the morning sun streamed through the heavy curtains, colouring the pale skin on Hyunjin's bare back a soft golden hue. Minho pulled a few strands of hair from his sleepy face, smiling at the small pout that appeared on his lips. Hyunjin opened his eyes, looking at the brunette sleepily. "I have to go." Minho whispered softly. Hyunjin lifted his head from the pillow. "Do you have to, though? Are you coming back later?"His pouty face made Minho chuckle. "Do you want me to come back later" "Why do you always repeat my question?" "I just didn't think that this is more than a casual thing." Minho said truthfully. 

Hyunjin sat up on the bed, facing Minho. "We are friends Min..." "Friends with benefits?" Minho asked, raising an eyebrow. "Do we have to label it?" "Jin..." Minho's voice sounded pained now. "After feeling so empty these last few months, is it wrong for me to want this? I know I'm taking advantage of you, hyung." Minho just wanted to kiss that pout away. He sighed. Maybe it was time he came clean about his feelings. He took a deep breath.

"For me it is not so new. But I admit, it is something I want too. I just never thought it would actually happen, between us..." Minho felt so vulnerable saying that out loud. He was still afraid that the moment would come when Hyunjin would no longer need his support, on whatever form might it be. The other was watching him intently, waiting for him to continue. "I've been in love with you almost since the beginning." He confessed, blinking away the tears that formed at the corners of his eyes. God! He hated emotional outbursts! "You never said anything though." Hyunjin's voice was barely audible, afraid that he might hurt the other without meaning to, if he spoke too loudly.

His suspicions proved correct.

"You and Felix clicked from the start. How could I get in the way?" Minho smiled sadly. Hyunjin reached out and touched his face, lightly caressing his cheek with his thumb. Minho turned his head and placed a soft kiss on his palm. "You know I care a lot about you." Hyunjin whispered. "Yes, I know. But it is different." Seeing that Hyunjin remained silent, he quickly added: "I am not asking you to reciprocate my feelings. I don't want this to come between us." Hyunjin stared at him, weighing his words. He bit his lip thoughtfully. "You know, thinking back, I wouldn't let you manhandle me so much, if I did not feel that you actually care for me." Minho chuckled softly. "I suppose you wouldn't." "Besides, you've always claimed I am yours." Hyunjin smiled teasingly, trying to lighten the mood. "I did. I claimed you both." "Don't bring him into this." Hyunjin grew serious, putting two fingers to Minho's lips. "It's just the two of us here, now." Minho breathed raggedly, feeling the other's fingertips gently touch his lips. "We could see where that takes us." He murmured, kissing them gently. He took Hyunjin's hand in his. Hyunjin looked into his eyes, solemnly. "I would like tthat. But, I'll also understand if you want to end it, Min."

Better this than nothing? Minho thought. "I don't." He wrapped his arms around Hyunjin's waist, holding him close. "I don't expect you to feel the same way. I know it is too soon for you. And, I do want to spend more time with you." He reaffirmed his feelings. Hyunjin smiled. They stayed like that for a few moments, looking into each other's eyes. Both of them so difficult to open up, have they finally managed to find their way to each other? "I am gonna leave now." Minho finally spoke. "So, will you come back later?" Minho looked at Hyunjin and chuckled rolling his eyes. "Yes!"

Later that evening Minho came back. He saw Felix heading out the building but luckily the younger didn't notice him. It was for the best. It wasn't the right time for awkward questions he knew the younger was bound to ask. He knocked on the door which opened instantly revealing an excited Hyunjin. "You came!" He said grabbing his hands and pulling him inside. Minho laughed. They sat on the couch. "So, what's the plan for tonight?" Minho asked smiling.