The Dark Year

Jaycee and the rest of them were in a cave. Raven was fixing something while Jay was pacing back and forth. She needed to get back to Monty and the others. She needed to help them. After what Echo told her, about Octavia or Bloodrena. She knew that they would need her help.

Jaycee winced at the pain of her hand. She never got it checked but she did wrapped it with cloth. Better than having a sling she thought to herself.

While she was pacing back and forth she heard Ravens and Shaw's conversation. "Is there anything you can't fix?" Shaw asked the Reyes girl.

Raven looked up at him and smirked, "Except my leg? Nope."

Murphy butted in the conversation, "I mean, it did take her and Jaycee over there six years to get us back down to the ground."

Jaycee didn't say anything. She just continued to pace around while listening to their conversation.

Raven smirked at Murphy before looking back at Shaw. "Yet here we are. He hates when I'm that good."

Murphy tilted his head, "Careful, cave's not big enough to fit your head."

Raven slightly chuckled, "See?" She told Shaw as they both smiled.

Murphy sat up straight. "Okay, well, then what about Eligius III?" Raven glared at him, "Ah, she has the look of failure right there. "

Raven looked at Shaw. "When we were on the mother ship, I hacked the Eligius files." She glanced back at Murphy, "I just couldn't crack that one."

"Yeah, it was Jaycee who was able to do it,"
Murphy smirked.

Again. Jaycee didn't say anything. She just continued to pace around. She felt like the more she would pace, the more anxious she'd get. Did she stop? Of course not. It's Jaycee here.

Emori walked back into the cave, "Alright. We're all set. The antenna's aimed at Polis. Fire it up."

Raven looked at her, "It's not connected yet."

Echo looked at Raven, "So, connect it." Jaycee rolled her eyes.

Murphy stood up as he looked at Emori and Echo. "What's wrong? You get spotted?" He asked

Echo looked at him, "Worse. They're not looking for us anymore." Jaycee furrowed her eyebrows. She was confused on why they weren't looking for them anymore

Diyozas voice was heard while laying down, "What do you mean?" She slightly turned, looking at Echo.

Echo glared at her, "Okay...you want to be useful?" She asked with a snarky tone, "What does it mean that from the antenna positon, we saw your people moving weapons and supplies to the Northern perimeter?"

Diyoza looked at her, "If McCreary's moving his troops North, then Wonkru's on the march again."

Murphy turned around, "So much for blinding the eye."

Jaycee was getting sick of his comments, "Shut it, Murphy." The guy just looked at her.

Kane was the next one to speak while being next to Diyoza, "Look. We can't be helpful unless we know all the facts."

"The facts are I got played. They hacked the eye in the sky. I'm impressed." She stated.

Jaycee was still pacing around as she spoke, "Don't be. If McCreary knows they're coming, then we've failed. Without the element of surprise, it'll be a massacre." She told all the people in the cave.

Raven continued to work, "We have to tell them to go back. Let's get this thing on top." She stated to Shaw.

Murphy looked at Jaycee who was pacing around still, "if you keep pacing you're going to make a hole deep enough for you to fall in," he stated at the girl.