Damocles

The drive was taking a little longer than expected. Jaycee was stirring in her sleep.

She kept moving, trying to get more comfortable. Nova looked at Jaycee, she wanted to ask her some questions but now wasn't a good time, and she knew that.

Jaycee looked at Nova, she could tell she wanted to ask her something, "What's up kid?" Jaycee asked, not caring that she needs to save her energy.

Nova looked at her, then to Bellamy who had a worried look on her face.

"Ha yu don gon Natblida" (How did you become a Nightblood?) Nova asked the older female.

Bellamy winced at her question. He forgot that he didn't tell her that she had nightblood. Everyone looked at Jaycee, waiting for her to answer the question.

"When I got to Becca's lab, to get Raven, we were too late to go back. So, we had the idea to go to space." She paused while she had to wince in pain due to the fact they drove over a pothole in the dirt. "When we got there, my condition I told you about, how I wasn't able to produce bone marrow; I got more sick. I knew it was bad because I had a seizure, I-" Jaycee took a breath as she let a tear fall down her face.

Everyone looked at her, feeling sad for the girl. Nova just kept looking at Jaycee, she then looked at Bellamy, hoping he would continue.

And he did.

"Jaycee ended up dying for 2 minutes, Clarke was able to bring her back, she injected Jay with a mixture of her blood and Murphys." Nova looked at Murphy himself and he nodded.

Jaycee let out a small laugh, "Yeah, who would have thought the cockroach himself would save little old me," She joked.

Murphy smiled, glad that Jaycee was talking more, "Yeah, well, it was either let you die or never hear the end of it from Bellamy, and Raven" He tried to joke too.

"Yeah, anyway, after that injection, thanks to Murphy and Clarke, and treatments, and physical therapy types of things, I got better, and without them, I wouldn't be here today." Jaycee said as she lightly smiled at Nova.

Nova felt so guilty, she was so angry at Jaycee, that if she would have stayed in the bunker with her, she would have died. Nova looked down, she started to let some tears down, but no one saw anything because it was very dark in the rover.

•••

After driving for a little while longer, they finally made it back, they finally pulled over and Jaycee was brought out by Murphy while Bellamy took Gaia out. "Little help we've got wounded." Murphy said as he ran closer to them and put Jaycee down. When he did that, she groaned in pain more.

Jaycee could hear Harper's voice, "Stand down! Stand down! They're with us!" Harper ran to Jaycee, "Holy shit, what the hell happened out there?"

Jaycee looked at her friend, "Oh, you know, the usual, being stupid and almost getting blown up, you know how it goes with us," Jaycee tried to crack a joke but on the look of Harper's face, she didn't like that joke very much.

Harper wrapped Jaycee's wound to stop the bleeding, after that, with the help of Harper, Jay went to Bellamy and pulled him into an embrace. Jay pulled away and looked at him, "I'm glad you're okay," she said to him softly.

"I'm glad you're okay too, Angel," He smiled at her. Loving the moment that they are having right now.

It was soon ruined by Wonkru, they looked at Madi like she was a prize, at least that's what it looked like, but they were looking at her, calling her 'Heda' which was true, she did have the flame, Jaycee and Bellamy held on to each other, afraid that if they let go that one of them would slip.