Red Sun Rising

Everyone was in the room where Emori was, they used a sedative to knock Emori unconscious. She was a threat to Murphy and who knows maybe everyone else, they didn't need to take a risk.

"I am getting used to patching you up, Murphy," Jackson tried to joke.

"I guess now we know what the restraints were for," Bellamy said on the bright side.

"How long will she be out?" Echo asked, as she looked at Emori.

"The sedative in the tranq stick should last up to 3 hours." Jackson answered her question.

"Hey, what about the mothership?" Miller asked, everyone looked at him. "They're gonna think it's us. How do we warn them?" He asked.

"We don't." Jaycee simply said, as much as she wanted to warn them, there was no way to. "Radios don't work down here. For now, we worry about ourselves." She looked to Murphy, "Hey, Murphy, you okay?" She asked him.

Jackson looked at her, "His wounds are superficial." He turned back to him, "You're lucky," He told him.

Murphy glanced at him, "I'm lucky? Sorry. Is that your professional diagnosis?" He asked. "Because if so, you suck at being a doctor." He stated.

"Murphy-" Jaycee tried to get him to knock it off but he wasn't having it.

"What? No. What?" He looked at her, "I'm dying to know what he thinks turned my girlfriend into the monster that just attacked me." He said with an angry tone.

"It's all right here." Clarke started. She continued to look at the book, " 'For two days, heaven is hell, and friends become foes' Whatever is in the air, it affects people, too," Clarke said.

Miller looked at Clarke, "Why are the rest of us okay?" He asked confused.

"I don't know, but according to this, it comes from the plants." She looked at him.

"It's a children's book," Murphy said, still annoyed at the fact that his girlfriend tried to kill him.

Jaycee nodded, "Yeah, it is, but it's coming true, when we were running from the bugs, Emori went down in the bush." She paused before continuing, "It's probably why she lost it first," Jaycee finished.

"First?" Echo asked confused as she looked at Jay.

"We're all breathing it in." Bellamy elaborated.

"If it's in the air out there, then we'll stay in here. We are gonna ride it out," Miller stated.

"That's a great plan, Miller," Murphy said as Miller and Echo were covering the bottom of the closed door, so no more air can come through. "What happens when we're trapped in here and the rest of us lose our minds?" He asked.

Bellamy looked at Murphy then to everyone else, "Murphy's right. There's more restraints in school. I'm guessing they're everywhere." He looked at Clarke, "We need to separate."

Echo nodded her head in agreement, "I'll stay with Emori."

•••

After everyone got to pick their rooms, which were, Emori and Echo, Jackson and Miller, then Murphy, Jay, Bellamy, and Clarke.

Clarke finally handcuffed herself to the restraint. Murphy was trying to keep any more air coming in like in Emori and Echo's room

"Trying to keep the air out is pointless, Murphy," Clarke reminded him.

"Kinda like trying to survive by locking yourself up with the commander of death?" He got up from his kneeling position and walked closer to grab the rifle, "Of course, you don't really need airborne toxins to turn on your friends, do you, Clarke?" He asked.