How We Get to Peace

Jaycee was pacing around, she hated that she felt like a dog locked in its cage. All of a sudden, she heard shocking sounds and someone grunting in pain.

She turned to look, and it was Shaw getting electrocuted.

Raven was sleeping but unfortunately, she woke up to Shaw's painful grunts. She was going to help him, but Echo grabbed her by the arm.

"Rave, no. It's not your fight," Echo told her.

"It's our fault he's here," Raven whispered to her as she stated to her.

"I know you're angry, but you said yourself they can't kill him. He's the only person who--" Echo then had an idea, "We have to kill him," Echo whispered to the two females.

Jaycee shook her head, betraying him was one thing but killing him was wrong, "Echo, no, we can't do that." Jaycee whispered to her.

"No way," was all that Raven said as she shook her head.

"Guys, that ship is their biggest strategic advantage. Without a pilot to fly--" Echo was cut off by Raven who started to have tears in her eyes.

"I said no," Raven said as she walked away to help Shaw.

Jaycee looked at Echo, "As much as I want to get out of here, we can't do that, it was one thing to betray him, it's another to take someone's life, that isn't who we are anymore Echo,"

Echo looked at her as she went to go sit down on one of the beds.

Jay and Echo were facing each other, but Echo was looking at Raven who was having a conversation with Shaw.

Shaw looked in their direction, Echo never broke eye contact.

•••

After a while, Raven and Shaw were talking, then some big guy walked in.

Jaycee never let her eyes off of him.

"What's going on?" Echo whispered.

Jaycee shrugged her shoulder, "Not sure,"

After that, they saw Raven walk with the guys. As much as Jaycee wanted to follow her, she couldn't.

As soon as the two of them left, Jaycee walked up to Shaw.

"I'm sorry what they did to you, but why did he take Raven?" Jaycee asked worried for her friend.

Shaw shrugged and shook his head, "I'm not sure,"

•••

It's been a while since this Vincent guy, took Raven. Jaycee was bouncing her leg up and down, worried about her. She heard the doors open, Jay looked up and saw two of Diyoza's men walk in.

Jaycee stood up as they walked to her, "Come with us." They turned around.

"Why?" Jaycee didn't move, she just asked.

"Don't make this hard on yourself," The man replied to her.

"I'm not moving until you tell me where the hell I am going," Jaycee stood there, with her arms crossed.

Echo and Shaw looked at the girl.

Both men looked at each other; then nodded.

Jaycee started to scream in pain, she fell to the floor, twitching. Once the screaming stopped, both men walked up to her; picked her up and took her away.

Echo and Shaw looked at each other.

Jaycee was brought in, she was pushed into the room, Raven saw her and kneeled down next to her, "Jay, you okay?"