Heavy Lies the Crown

As soon as they made it back to Arkadia, she was informed by Raven that Jasper had taken the chip, stabbed Monty, and had Nova as bait for the others to let him in the control room. Jaycee wasn't going to hold it against him because it was A.L.I.E.'s doing. She knew that Jasper wouldn't hurt Nova on purpose.

It still scared the young girl.

Jaycee told everyone but Nova about what happened to Lily.

The blonde grounder was looking around for her sister. She went around the room asking where she was. Everyone looked at Jaycee, waiting for an answer. Jaycee knew that she had to tell her what happened.

So, she did. She simply told her that Lily was dead, she died in the City of Light. Nova didn't believe it, she was angry, she ran away to the room she was staying in. Everyone had tears in their eyes as they were quiet. Jaycee stood up to follow the girl. She knew where she was. She went into the room and saw her crying in the bed.

Jaycee laid down next to her.

"It's not fair, why does everyone I care about have to die?" Nova sobbed.

"I know it's not fair, but I just want you to know that your sister loved you so much, she cared about you so much. I know it's sad. She was someone that you loved very much, and her presence in your life has brought you joy, laughter, and cherished memories." Jaycee rubbed Nova's arm, hoping that she was comforting her. "Even though she is no longer with us physically, her love and spirit will always be with us in our hearts and memories. We can still remember the fun times we shared together, the stories she told us, and the lessons she taught us. It's okay to feel sad and miss her. Grieving is a natural part of saying goodbye to someone we love. Remembering things about her and talking about her helps keep their memory alive." Jaycee took a deep breath in, "It's important to know that it's okay to ask questions and talk about our feelings. If you ever want to talk about Lily or if you have any questions, I'm here for you. We will always carry her memory with us, and she will live on in our hearts forever."

Nova turned around to look at Jaycee, "I'm glad you're in my life, you are my home," Nova said as she wrapped her small arms over Jaycee.

Jaycee simply held a straight face, who would have know that she would care about one singular person so much. She knew that she had to protect this girl from the dangers of this world. Jaycee hugged the girl and rubbed her head, hoping that she would fall asleep, and soon, Nova did fall asleep.

•••

Two days have passed since Nova and Jay's conversation, Clarke, Bellamy, Raven, Jaycee, and Monty are searching for a way to beat the radiation, while Nova was in her and Jay's room, coloring. Nova would have been outside, but she didn't like anyone else besides Jay, Bellamy, Raven, Monty, and Miller.

"We've been at this for two days. There must be something we're not thinking of. What if we could reach the nearest nuclear reactor?" Bellamy asked the mechanics.

Jaycee rolled her eyes at Bellamy's stupid question. "Raven and I already told you, the meltdown started months ago. There's no magic button to turn them off," Bellamy looked at the girl. Jaycee sighed, "Today this isn't black rain, but it will be soon. That's why we have to focus on riding out the radiation, finding some place safe and big enough to hold all five hundred of us," Jaycee said to the group.

Clarke shook her head, "This isn't just about saving us. I made a promise to Roan. It's about saving everyone,"

"That's why we need to tell everyone. Crowdsource it. If there's another Mount Weather out there, the Grounders will know about it," Raven said, trying to get Clarke to agree with her.