Acceptable Losses

After being in the 'cell' it was more of a hut, with some of Diyoza's guards guarding the front of the room and inside.

Raven and Jaycee took the time to silently talk about an escape plan.

With Raven's limp and Jay's broken hand, there wasn't much they could do. All they could do was wait.

Raven had food on her plate, she then saw Echo walk in. Raven was smiling but Echo shook her head, Raven got the message.

Jaycee went to go sit down with Raven following her, "Hey, Spacewalker," She said to Raven, "Hey Spacewalker 2.0" Echo smirked.

Jaycee slightly smiled.

"Finally. Tell us this is a rescue op," Raven asked.

Echo spoke softly as she said, "It won't be anything if we can't get out of this church. I'm betting, by now, my girl's figured out how to slip her collar." Raven looked away, Echo continued to speak, "They're watching us, but there's something I need you to see. Let's go get some water." One by one they stood up to get something to 'drink'

"Monty said I need to insert it into any console connected to the transport ship's primary server." Echo said as she poured herself a cup and turned around.

Raven got some water too as she looked at the device Monty had givin Echo to give to Jay and Raven, "It's essentially a keylogger, auto-installs and opens a back door to their surveillance system that only Monty can see. Heh. It's brilliant. Too bad we can't get to the bridge without our heads exploding." Raven said to her.

Echo turned her head slightly to the two mechanis,"What about Kane? Maybe he-"

Raven shook her head, "You saw him. He's with Diyoza. I don't know what happened to him in that bunker, but he's different." she stated.

Jaycee turned her head, she was really hoping that Kane was putting an act and not really with the psycho leader.

Echo continued to speak softly to them, "You haven't seen them, Raven. They're all different. Murphy said you had someone inside their camp. Can we trust him?"

Raven shrugged her shoulders, "I hope so. He's our only shot."

"Speak of the devil," Jaycee mumbled as she took a sip of her water and walked away to sit down where she originally was.

Raven walked away to talk to Shaw, Echo sat in front of Jaycee.

"You doing okay?" Echo motioned to her.

"Yeah, my hands fine, I think it's getting better," Jaycee replied.

"No, I mean, you haven't asked about Nova," Echo said.

Jaycee looked at her, "You saw Nova?" Jay asked.

Echo nodded and smiled, "Yeah, she's really grown up, good thing she told me was that she didn't tell anyone she was a nightblood,"

Jaycee had sighed in relief. "Thank god,"

Echo looked at her in the eyes, "You still care about her?" She asked.

Jaycee scoffed, "Of course, I do. She reminds me of a younger version of myself. I love her with all my heart, she's still mad at me though, so I think I'm just going to leave her be," Jaycee looked at her hands.

Echo knew this was killing her, "Hey, she'll come around, she forgave Bellamy for leaving too, once he explained and apologized, she hugged him and cried into his arms,"

Jaycee sighed, "Yeah, well, that's Bellamy, she never liked him when they first met," Jaycee paused. "Besides, when I first met Nova, we clicked, she trusted me with all her heart, and I betrayed her, I left her in that bunker for 6 years, I lost her trust and I may not ever be able to gain it back,"