♫♪♫ Chapter Two ♫♪♫

♫♪♫ Six Months Later ♫♪♫

"Thank you, have an amazing day," I say as I hand the two teenagers their bags of clothes.

I take a deep breath and look over to Tami, "It's time for me to go."

She nods and continues to click the POS screen, "I know. I'm sad you're leaving me alone for the night shift, yet I'm excited to see the pictures and footage from the show. You're going to have an amazing time."

"I really hope so. God knows I need it. Talk to you next week," I take my lanyard off and make my way to the office to clock out.

When I get home, I sigh when I see Luke's car is gone. I swear, if he didn't do the dishes before he went to work like I asked him to...

I walked in, greeted Mac, and hung my purse on the hook in the entry. When I walked into the kitchen, to my pleasant surprise, it was clean. Like, really clean.

I'm so glad I was able to get through to Luke, to make him realize he needed a job. Thanks to his efforts, we finally got out of the hole, are ahead on our payments, and I was even able to save up to get a meet and greet ticket for Fall Out Boy in Des Moines, and Sam and I are going to see them again in Chicago in three months for their very final show. Luke isn't very happy that I'm going to two separate shows, claiming "one was enough," but I digress...

"...I'm a leading man, and the lies I weave are oh so intricate! Oh so intricate!" I sing along to the song as I apply my eyeliner.

My phone rings, and I aw in disappointment that the song was interrupted.

I pick it up, and it's Sam. "You interrupted the boys," I say with a smirk as I look closely at my eyeliner.

"Haley...you're going to have to solo tonight," Sam says.

"What? Why?" I ask, leaning up.

"Martin just died..." I hear her sniffle. 

My heart breaks a little. "Sam, I'm so sorry..." Martin was Sam's cat, and yes, she named him Martin because it's Patrick's middle name. She had Martin since she was 14, and she's 31 now. "Are you sure you don't want to go with?"

She sighs, "I'm sure. I'll just be sad the whole time. If they play 'West Coast Smoker,' though, you better video chat me."

I nod, "Of course I will, and when I meet them I'll film a little video and tell them to say hello to you."

"Okay...thanks, Haley. Have fun."

"I will, but it won't be the same without you." I smile sadly as we say our goodbyes and hang up. I get on Twitter really quick and send Patrick a message, "Sam's cat Martin died, so I'm going to be soloing. See you guys soon."

I frown as I send the message. I feel so happy that I'm able to communicate with the guys every once in awhile. Ninety-nine percent of the time, it's one-sided conversations, but I did end up getting a message from Patrick a few weeks back saying he was happy Sam and I were coming. I'm just sad she won't be with me to meet them.

I check the time and resume my Fall Out Boy playlist, then finish my makeup. I change into my Fall Out Boy shirt, skinny jeans and black Converse, and head out the door. When I step outside, Luke pulls into the driveway.

"Are you leaving already?" He asks me as he steps out of his truck.

"Yeah, Sam cancelled last minute. Her cat died, so I'm going by myself. Probably gonna get some food beforehand. Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" I ask.

He scoffs and shakes his head, "You know I don't listen to that shitty kind of music."

"Whoa," I say, immediately offended, "You could've just said no, there was no need to be an asshole. Never mind." I open my car door to get inside.

He looks down, "Whatever, I'm sorry. Have fun, I guess."

I stare in disbelief as he walks inside, not even telling me goodbye. I roll my eyes and type my destination into my GPS, then blare my Fall Out Boy Spotify playlist from the beginning. I reverse out of the driveway and start the drive to Des Moines.

♫♪♫♫♪♫

I feel my nerves kick in as soon as I enter the interstate. The people here drive absolute batshit crazy. Thankfully, I was able to merge and make my exit just fine, and I was able to find a parking spot in a parking garage a few blocks away from the arena. 

I check the time, I've got 30 minutes to get there until the opening bands and the meet and greet start. I have never heard of either opening bands, so I'm in no rush.

I smile at other fans walking by, complimenting their outfits or their makeup and most of the time receiving compliments back. I giggle at a guy wearing a shirt that says 'lodagogbomplex coggidapullet.'

Once I'm at the door, security scans my digital ticket and I squeeze through the security bar. I'm here, I made it. Now, to find my seat, then go meet the boys...

My stomach drops as I make my way down a flight of stairs to my floor seat. Holy shit...I've seen Fall Out Boy twice before, but my tickets were all the way in the back. This is going to be so insane, I'm probably going to cry the whole time.

I keep my head down and stare at the floor, wanting to wait to look at the stage until after I find my seat. I find row 3, seat 11, and sit down. I take a deep breath, and open my eyes to look at the stage.

I gasp and cover my mouth, the tears already streaming down my face. The stage is literally right there.

"Shit," I whisper and close my eyes again, trying not to cry. "Oh, my god..."

"First time this close?" I hear a voice next to mine. "I'm Layla."

A girl sitting to my right sticks her hand out, and I shake it. "Hi, I'm Haley. Yeah, this is my third time seeing the boys, but I've never been this close before. Oh, my god, I'm gonna be a mess the whole time."

"Don't worry, me too. We can be a mess together. Are you here by yourself?"

I nod, "Yes, my best friend was unable to come, so this is my first time by myself."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. This is, like, my 10th time to a concert by myself. My fifth time seeing the boys. You'll have a great time, don't worry. If we're lucky, Joe's sweat will drip right down on us."

What a weird thing to say. I laugh awkwardly, "Wouldn't that be a dream come true?" 

After a few minutes of talking, I excuse myself to go to the meet and greet. As soon as I get in line, I hear music playing loudly. Must be one of the opening bands. 

After five minutes, the whole line moves up and I gasp when I see them. Patrick, Pete, Andy, and Joe. They're right there. About a hundred feet away from me, but they're there.

I feel my stomach go in knots as minutes pass by and I get closer and closer. What makes me want to pass out, though, is that I am the last person in line for the meet and greet. There's not a single person behind me. 

Does this mean I'll get extra time with them? No, no, they have to go backstage and practice before they go on.

Another half hour passes, and it feels like the longest, yet shortest, half hour of my life. I can now hear the guys talking, and Patrick laughing. His laugh soothes my anxiety, and I feel myself calm down.

However, the tears start flowing when I realize that Pete is standing right in front of me with his arms open wide.