♫♪♫ Chapter Ten ♫♪♫

The drive back to the hotel started with me hitting shuffle on my Spotify playlist and getting "Heaven's Gate." I wanted so desperately to get out of my car and run after Patrick as he started walking away, to tell him that out of nearly a thousand songs on my playlist, the most romantic Fall Out Boy song was the one that decided to play.

I decide against it, though, and just drive back to the hotel in seventh heaven. When I arrive, Sam's asleep, so I decide to kick off my shoes and sleep as well, not even bothering to change into my pajamas.

It feels like little time has passed when I hear Sam's phone going off, and I hear her groan.

"What time is it?" I mumble.

"Seven," I hear her stand up and yawn, "I wanna get breakfast before we head out. What time did you get back? I didn't even hear you come in. Want me to grab you something for when you wake up?"

"No, that's okay." I shake my head and yawn, "I think it was six or something when I got back."

"Damn, you guys were together for three hours? What did you do? Y'know what, never mind. You sleep. You'll have plenty of time to tell me everything in the car on the way home."

I give her a thumbs up as I feel myself drift back off to sleep.

The events of the past twelve hours have made me so happy that I'm almost inspired to write a song. I've tried writing in the past, but nothing good ever came out of it. Maybe this time, and maybe with a little inspiration from Patrick, or I can even try to reach out to Pete, I'll be more successful. I never really had anything to write about before, but after tonight, I feel like I could write a whole book of how I feel about Patrick.

I told myself not to do this, I told myself I was just going to talk to him, maybe hug him once or twice, and move on...but he kissed me, and it was perfect. Maybe not perfect, because I just stood there unmoving like a dumbass, but it just felt right. I hate that only after spending three hours with him, I'm starting to feel like I'm falling in love with him.

Because I know there's no way he feels the same way about me.

♫♪♫ Three Months Later ♫♪♫

I sigh heavily as I sit on the couch, the apartment now perfectly tidied up. I'll admit, at first I was worried about doing all the cleaning myself, but it wasn't long until I realized that I made very little messes when Luke and I lived together.

Mac jumps on my lap as soon as I grab a throw blanket to cover myself with, of course. I give him a small scratch on his chin before I check my phone and see that Luke tried calling me. I give in and decide to call him back, even though we've messaged each other a few times today already. "What's up?" I ask as soon as he answers.

"I'm off in about two hours, mind if I swing by for awhile?" He asks me.

I look down at my wedding ring and take a deep breath, "As long as you promise not to dirty the apartment up, of course you can."

He chuckles, "Promise. Be there soon. Love you."

"Love you, too." I say, and we say our goodbyes.

After hanging up, I check my Twitter and see that I have a message from Patrick, and my heart skips a beat. It's the first time he's sent me a message in over a month. Usually he messages once a week.

"Haley, I'm so sorry I haven't talked to you in awhile. I've been busy writing. Probably not gonna make another album anytime soon, though. Maybe a single?"

I can't help but smile as I type a quick message back.

"Whatever you decide to do, I know it'll be great. Best of luck with the writing! Message me if you need any inspiration and I can try my best to help."