♫♪♫ Chapter Eight ♫♪♫

Patrick sighs, "I talk to Pete, Joe, and Andy about literally everything, almost all day every day. There's days where we aren't together, obviously, but they know pretty much everything I'm going through. All of my other good friends are currently busy, and my therapist is on vacation. I wanted someone to talk to in person, and I was like, screw it, maybe I can just talk to a fan. Then I was like, wait, no, that's probably a bad idea...but there's fans, and then there's you." He adjusts himself so he's facing me a little more, "Now, don't get your hopes up, I'm not gonna get all sappy on you and say 'you're more than just a fan,' because..." He stops, and I know exactly what he's going to say.

"Because I'm not more than just a fan," I finish his sentence.

"Shit, I'm so sorry, it sounds so rude when said like that," He leans in to hug me.

I laugh and hug him back, "It's okay," I say and lean back before I continue, "I know I'm just a fan. You barely know anything about me, it's completely understandable, Patrick. I just don't want you to think that I'm a huge fangirl that's gonna tweet all about our conversation here tonight as soon as I leave, because I'm not that kind of person."

He chuckles, "I know you're not, and that's exactly what I meant by 'there's fans, and then there's you.' Out of all the fans I've talked to on Twitter that came to the show tonight, you were the one that I knew the most, the one that I trusted the most to not overshare, and that's why I wanted to meet you again."

I nod, "I really appreciate you trusting me and telling me all of this, Patrick...do the guys know you're here?"

"Yeah," He nods as well, "They know I ran into you again after our show in Des Moines, they know I've been talking to you on Twitter. I told them I was going to see you after the show."

"Okay," I say with a small smile, "So, you wanted someone to talk to other than the guys, so here I am. What are you wanting to talk about?"

He leans back, gazing up at the sky, "I probably won't give you all the details, because, like I said, don't get offended, I just...don't trust you like I do my therapist or the other guys. Dammit, I'm sorry, I know I probably keep coming off as rude."

"Patrick, it's okay," I chuckle, "You're not being rude at all, you don't have to keep apologizing. I understand."

He sighs, "So...my girlfriend broke up with me."

I wait for him to continue, but he doesn't, so I just nod. "I'm sorry."

I can't believe it, Sam was right. I wonder how long they've been broken up? When he said, 'yeah, I suppose,' when I asked about him talking to her that night in Des Moines, were they already split up? Oh, god, did I make it awkward when I mentioned her?

He shakes his head, "I suppose I'm going to sell my house and move into an apartment or something now."

I nod, "Are you going to stay here in Chicago?"

"Yeah, I think so. Out of all the places I've lived, Chicago just feels like home."

"Good," I say, "That's good."

"So...honestly, I just wanted to vent a little bit, and then I was hoping you could tell me more about yourself to keep my mind off of things."

"Oh," I smile, "Definitely. Talk as much as you need, I will happily sit here and listen to you as long as you'd like."

"...I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not," He laughs nervously.

"Of course I'm not," I say with a smile, "Can I just gush for a second?"

He chuckles, "Go for it." 

I sigh, wanting to make it quick. "You have literally one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. Not just your singing voice, but your speaking voice. It's so calming, I could listen to you talk for hours, about anything. I'm surprised you haven't done much voice acting, or any narrations. You should really consider doing that in the future. Anyways, I'll shut up now."