♫♪♫ Chapter Five ♫♪♫

When I get to Sam's house, she opens the door and invites me in.

"Hey, I got you a shirt," I say and hand it to her.

"Aw, Haley, thank you so much. That video was more than enough, though. You and Patrick looked so cute standing next to each other," She looks at it and smiles, then throws it towards her laundry room.

I decide to hug her after, "I'm so sorry about Martin," I say, "I'm gonna miss him."

"Me, too," She says with a sigh. She leans back after a few seconds and walks into the kitchen, and I follow her. "I baked cookies to keep myself awake waiting for you. So, let's hear everything that happened." She slides over the plate of chocolate chip cookies to me and leans against the counter.

I grab a cookie off of the plate, "Okay, should I start with the story of how I almost kissed Patrick in a QuikTrip parking lot, or should I tell you that Pete's getting us meet and greet tickets for Chicago?" I take a bite of the cookie. "These are really good, Sammy."

Her eyes widen, "Wait, are you serious? Pete's getting us meet and greet tickets? Oh my god, that's so awesome!"

I nod, "Yeah, the guys felt bad that you couldn't be there, so Pete said I could get ahold of him on Twitter and he'd figure something out."

"I can't freaking wait," She smiles, "Pete's such a sweetheart."

"So," I smirk, "You're not gonna question the other thing I said, huh?"

She shakes her head, "Nope. So, what else have you got to show me?"

I raise my eyebrows and get out my phone to show her the picture of Patrick and I at the gas station.

She furrows her eyebrows, "Okay, wait. You're lying. This didn't actually happen, right? You're just really good at photoshop?"

I chuckle, "I went inside because my card got declined at the pump. I got a cappuccino, saw Patrick walk out of the bathroom, I spilled the cappuccino, burned my hand," I lifted my hand up to show her how red it was, "then he paid for my drink, plus my gas, then we went out to the parking lot, and we hugged, we leaned back, and I...kind of almost kissed him."

"Holy fucking shit. You're kidding me, right? He has a girlfriend!"

"I leaned back and told him I was sorry, and he said he was sorry, too, and that it was just nice having someone to talk to other than the guys, and that it's been crazy the past few months. I feel like an idiot, he probably thinks I'm a psychotic fan now."

"No, surely not. You apologized right away, a psychotic fan wouldn't have been apologetic. I can't believe it, if you wouldn't have been the one to lean back I wonder if he would've stopped you...anyways. So, like, what else happened? Like, at the meet and greet and the show?"

"Oh, duh!" I get out my phone. I scroll through all my photos and eventually get to the one of Patrick kissing my cheek, and I feel my face go red again.

She clutches her chest, "Haley, oh my fucking god, you two are adorable."

"And that's not all," I dig into my pocket and pull out his guitar pick and lay it on the counter. "He specifically called my name and threw this to me at the end of the show,"

Sam doesn't say anything, she just sits in shock, looking right at me, so I continue.

"Oh, and check this out," I scroll to the video from the performance of "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" and zoom in on Patrick's face, who is clearly looking right at me when singing "wishing to be the friction in your jeans."

"Haley! Holy shit!" She screams, causing her dog to start barking.

Her dog, unfortunately, does not have a Fall Out Boy related name. His name is Ludo, named after the character from "The Labyrinth."