-chapter five

"Shake Your Groove Thing

"Shake Your Groove Thing."
Season one episode five

Another shift to complete, the interns were tired, half were in the OR gallery room to watch Meredith assist Dr. Burke in a heart surgery at six o'clock in the morning.

Ayden sepia skin grew goosebumps as she watched Meredith slowly put down the heart.

"I wish I could hold a heart." George admiringly said as he licked his lips from the milk that was from his cereal .

"A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina bitterly said holding her green apple.

"You're mad—Burke didn't ask you." he grinned at the envious girl.

Ayden yawned loudly, causing half of the gallery to look at her. "sorry—I didn't get any sleep last night."

Cristina cocked her eyebrows"why not?"

"she was too busy— getting the best sex of her life to get any!" Izzie came into the gallery with a clipboard and a metal cup filled with coffee, as she announced herself.

"who's the lucky guy." George smirked. Ayden rolled her eyes at his question. "no one that you know." she said as she took his cereal.

"Hey—!" he shouted. "mines now." she shrugged.

"I need more ices and chips." the blonde turned her head to her friends.

"who else did you invite?" George questioned.

"We said the list was jocks only!— surgery, trauma, plastics, who else?" Cristina reminded her.

"just some people from Peds ." she mumbled.

"you invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. Next thing, you'll say that you invited the shrinks."

Izzie bit her lip and looked towards the entrance door. "Izzie!" the colored intern shouted.

"what, it's only about fifty people per speciality." she shrugged.

"this is all because of your boyfriend that's coming to town, does mer even know?"

Izzie took a sip of her coffee, and shook her head, "no— don't tell her. think of this as a break for her." the three interns looked at the blonde with a glare. "I will tell her soon— I promise!" she awkwardly smiled.

"you better." Ayden mumbled before taking a bite out of the cereal.

Cristina looked at the blonde, and then back at the surgery. "why are you waisting the only week your boyfriend is in town on a big party? is he bad in bed?"