Omake (河口湖): Kawaguchi-ko

Year 1922
Taishō Era

"Wow...." the girl leans against the guardrail of the bridge that overlooks the lake. There's an overwhelming feeling of reverence and admiration that stirs in her chest. She smiles in awe, "....isn't it pretty?"

Fujigoko (Fuji Five Lakes), is a region at the base of Mt. Fuji. Yamanaka, Kawaguchi, Saiko, Shōji and Motosu are the five lakes that surround Japan's highest mountain. Out of the five, Kawaguchiko (Lake Kawaguchi) is the second largest and by far the most visited.

Kawaguchiko offers many activities and sights to see to all its visitors, one being the stunning views of Mt. Fuji. This place was especially beautiful during certain seasons. During the spring season, cherry blossom season, Kawaguchiko is surrounded in pink from the sakura that adorned the trees. Around late-June to mid-July the parks (Oishi and Yagizaki) were embellished in purple from the fields of lavender that flourish. And during the autumn season, when the leaves are of deep warm hues, people come to enjoy the fall foliage. Especially Momiji tunnel, where the walk feels like a kaleidoscope of yellows, oranges and reds. This place is more than just a tourist trap. It's a breath taking experience.

It's currently spring. The air is warm. The sakura trees were the sweetest baby-pink against the clear sky which on this beautiful day, thankfully, is the softest blue.

Sukuna makes a face, one that disagrees with her. The man didn't think it was that pretty. It's just flowers, "Meh..."

The girl's posture drops from her enthused form. He was always so aloof and detached. She throws him a look, "Oh, come on. Is there anything that you even enjoy?"

He thinks for a brief second then he says, "No."

She smiles at him. She still couldn't understand how someone could be this incurious and disinterested in everything you could possibly imagine. Most people would find someone like him difficult to be around but she found him quite interesting. His lack of concern and his indifference only made her more curious to figure him out. He was interesting to her. Maybe because they were polar opposites.

Sukuna's hands are rooted inside his pockets. He watches the girl intently. He wonders what she's smiling about and her eyes don't seem to leave him. Whether he knew it or not, this is a look of adoration. The man decides to provoke her, because that's one of the only things he actually enjoys in life, "It's a nice view, huh?"

He's not talking about the sakura or Mt. Fuji. Because of her stare, Sukuna talks of himself. Why else would she be staring at him the way she was?

The girl laughs quietly through her smile. She looks out towards the lake and her smile grows before she brings her gaze back to the man.

"It's okay if you don't think it's pretty...." She brushes some of the loose strands of hair behind her ear. She also doesn't answer his question. She teases back, "....its not as pretty as me anyway."

Sukuna looks off to the side and he makes a face. His lips twist and his shoulders go up (it's his way of questioning her statement) and then he lets her know his response. It still doesn't agree with her, "Meh."

"How dare you!" She gasps at his rude remark in saying she was anything else but pretty. But the girls not offended. If anything, she laughs. She found his mockery and ridiculing humor entertaining.