8

Only a few days have passed, and the suspense that hangs over the four pricks continues to grow.

For Sa-ra, she dreads about whatever Yelena was planning to do to her that caused her to grow much more stressed and needing her drugs to keep her calm. Which is why the other day, she had sneaked into Myeong-o's apartment to get the stash that she knew he would hide. Though without him as he was truly gone missing, she wouldn't be able to get her hands on the drugs.

For Hye-jeong, he had known that her phone was switched for a different one and was beside herself with worry as it contained scandalous info. The pictures she received made her think it was Myeong-o to threaten her engagement with a rich man that she was seeing for some time now for his own twisted game.

Yeon-Jin and Jae-jun do not seem too concerned, but oddly Yeon-jin was being very indifferent about the fact Myeong-o is gone. But she was equally panicky about her unusual habit of making sure to clean her heels every now and then, making sure no one goes near her feet even.

They were already trapped within the mind games as performed by Yelena.

₪₪₪₪₪₪۞₪₪₪₪₪₪

One day in particular, Hye-jeong is making her way to the temple where her future mother-in-law is waiting with some papers in hand. She is dressed in all white, with heels and half of her hair up in a ponytail.

The demands of her fiancé's mother were strict, but she is willing to meet them to get into the life of luxury.

"Here are the papers you asked for. Family relations, college graduation certificates, and my ob-gyn examination results." Hye-jeong says with formal politeness, holding the small stack of papers out to her future mother-in-law who looks at them neutrally.

"You could have sent them through text." Tae-Uk's mother comments, while taking the papers from her. "Who carries around paper copies these days?"

Hye-jeong simply says nothing, just bearing it all in from the apparent dislike her soon to be in-law has towards her.

"What's your account number?" She asked the flight attendant, still bearing a neutral expression on her face.

"My account number?" Hye-jeong questions her.

"Yes, your account number. Your bank account." the older woman says to her, still looking at her unimpressed.

"May I ask why that is important?" the flight attendant asks her, and her future in-law simply clicks her tongue.

"To inspect your account, that's all. If you're a flight attendant as you say, then sure you are making some decent money for yourself. Last thing I want is some dumb girl to spend it all on tacky things." she remarks to her. Hye-jeong simply forms a smile on her face, pretending to ignore that last remark.

Before she was about to reveal her account, her future in-law suddenly leaned to the side to look behind her. And then her eyes lit up, which Hye-jeong thought might be her son being in the area.

"Ms. Yelena?" Tae-Uk's mother says with a growing smile. The name had Hye-jeong freeze, as the older woman laughed while getting up from sitting down.

"Ms. Yelena! Oh my, it's great to see you! How long has it been?" the woman says happily, while approaching the familiar copper-haired woman in a navy blue blazer with a black blouse and matching black slacks with black Christian Louboutin heels.

"Oh you look even more beautiful!" the woman replied, making Yelena smile.

"I'm doing well, thank you for asking, Ma'am." Yelena replied.