Chapter 22: Planning Forever, with a Side of Flirting

The weight of the proposal ring on Aditi's finger felt like a constant reminder of their newfound strength and commitment. They spent the following weeks in a blissful whirlwind, sharing the news with their families and friends. Arjun's mom, upon seeing the ring, declared it "perfect for her perfect bahu" (daughter-in-law) and immediately began bombarding them with wedding venue suggestions. Aditi's friends, a mix of excited squeals and playful teasing, showered them with well wishes and questions about their "almost-remarried" status.

A/N: They decided to re-marry with each other but this time with love and trust in each other.

One evening, as they sat curled up on the couch, browsing wedding websites, a comfortable silence settled between them.

"So," Arjun finally broke the silence, a playful glint in his eyes, "any ideas on how you want to torture me with wedding planning?"

Aditi swatted him playfully on the arm. "Torture? I thought this was supposed to be a celebration of our love!"

"Oh, it is," he chuckled, pulling her closer. "But let's be honest, the guest list is going to be a war zone between my mom and your aunt."

Aditi laughed. "True. But hey, the cake is all that matters, right?"

"Hmm," Arjun feigned contemplation, "what about the open bar?"

Aditi smirked. "Touché. But seriously, Arjun, any preferences for the venue or theme?"

"As long as there's enough space for everyone to dance and a killer dessert table, I'm happy," he replied, his gaze lingering on her lips for a beat too long.

Aditi felt a familiar flutter in her stomach. Their near-miss with Riya had sparked a renewed appreciation for their relationship, and lately, the playful banter seemed to carry a subtle undercurrent of something more. She leaned in closer, her voice a low murmur.

"And what about the honeymoon?"

Arjun's breath hitched. "Well, I was thinking of a beach destination," he stammered, a blush creeping up his neck. "Somewhere with clear waters and..." he trailed off, his gaze flickering down to the neckline of her t-shirt.

Aditi followed his gaze, a playful smile dancing on her lips. She adjusted her t-shirt slightly, revealing a hint of cleavage. "Somewhere with clear waters and... what, Arjun?"

He cleared his throat, his voice husky. "And... amazing sunsets, perfect for romantic walks on the beach."

Aditi tilted her head, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Sounds lovely. But you know, romantic walks are overrated. Especially on sandy beaches."

Arjun's brow furrowed in confusion. "Overrated? Why?"

She leaned in even closer, her voice a barely audible whisper. "Because wouldn't you rather be doing something... more interesting?"

The heat radiating from her body was almost palpable, and Arjun felt his cheeks burning. He swallowed hard, his voice barely a croak. "M-more interesting? L-like what?"

Aditi's smile widened. "Let's just say the beach can be a very... stimulating environment."

Before he could respond, she pressed her lips against his, the kiss a delicious mix of playful challenge and unspoken desire. He responded instantly, his hand instinctively finding its way to the small of her back, pulling her closer.

The kiss deepened, their bodies aligning perfectly. He explored her neck with his fingertips, sending shivers down her spine. His touch ignited a familiar fire within her, a yearning she couldn't ignore.