Chapter 24: A New Chapter Begins

Back in their Mumbai apartment, life after the whirlwind of the wedding settled into a comfortable rhythm. The initial post-honeymoon blues were quickly replaced by a sense of domestic bliss. Mornings were filled with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and playful banter as they navigated the unfamiliar territory of shared chores. Evenings were spent snuggled on the couch, watching movies or catching up with friends, their laughter echoing through the apartment.

One evening, as Aditi sorted through their wedding photos, a wave of nostalgia washed over her. "Remember how stressed we were about everything being perfect?" she asked, a smile tugging at her lips.

Arjun, engrossed in a video game, glanced up briefly. "Vaguely," he chuckled, his eyes glued to the screen. "Something about a runaway cake and a missing uncle?"

Aditi snorted. "That was a disaster! But somehow, everything came together in the end."

With a playful sigh, she put down the photo album and walked over to him, draping herself over the back of the couch. He paused the game, his attention fully on her.

"What is it?" he asked, his eyes searching hers.

"I was just thinking," she began, "how much our lives have changed in the past few months. First the whole Riya drama, then almost losing each other because of stupid communication issues..."

Arjun reached out and took her hand in his. "We learned from it, though, didn't we?" he said softly. "Our love is stronger for it."

Aditi squeezed his hand. "Absolutely. And now, here we are, Mr. and Mrs. Rathore." Sounds good, doesn't it?" he replied, a playful glint in his eyes. "Though, I gotta admit, I still haven't gotten used to signing my name with that long last name."

They both laughed, the sound filled with the joy of their newfound life together.

Suddenly, a loud ringing sound cut through the air. Aditi fished out her phone and saw it was a call from her mom.

"Speaking of family," she said with a grin, answering the call. "Hi Maa! Everything alright?"

Her mother's voice, a mix of excitement and apprehension, filled the room. "Aditi beta (daughter)," she began, "your Nani (maternal grandmother) called. She wants you and Arjun to come visit her in Delhi this weekend."

Aditi glanced at Arjun, a questioning look on her face. "Delhi?" he mouthed silently.

She shrugged, then spoke into the phone. "Sure, Maa. We can definitely come to Delhi this weekend. Is there anything we need to bring?"

"No, no, beta," her mother replied. "Just yourselves. Your Nani is very excited to meet her new grandson-in-law."

Aditi chuckled. "Alright, Maa. We'll see you soon."

Hanging up, she turned to Arjun, a playful smile on her lips. "Looks like we have a trip to Delhi planned for this weekend."

Arjun's eyes widened. "Delhi? But... I don't have anything planned for work this weekend."

"Neither do I," Aditi replied, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Consider it a chance to impress Nani with your charm, Mr. Rathore."

Arjun groaned playfully. "Oh no, meeting your grandparents already? What have I gotten myself into?"

"Nothing too scary," Aditi teased, throwing her arms around his neck. "Besides, I'm sure Nani will love you. Just don't mention the whole 'almost-cancelled-the-wedding' incident."

Arjun chuckled, pulling her close. "Noted. But maybe you could warn me about any... family quirks I should be aware of?"

Aditi grinned. "Oh, there are definitely a few," she admitted. "There's Nani's obsession with classic Bollywood films, for one. And then there's Uncle Suresh's... questionable fashion sense."