Chapter 3

Serkan set the teenager away from him, "Very funny and you are?"

Leyla stood in the doorway behind him and stepped forward to pick up the letter that the angry older woman had slapped on his chest, handing it to Serkan, "Maybe this will tell you who they are." She was fully aware that these weren't his children. Serkan Bolat may have been a promiscuous jerk over the past two years but she sincerely doubted that he had fathered a child as a twelve year old while in boarding school.

He set the children away from him, "Go sit please and let me figure this out." Serkan took the letter from Leyla. It was from the attorney's office detailing the care for the three children of Aptekin and Mariela Korpaz. Serkan chuckled internally, Aptekin had been stripped of the Bolat name when his parents divorced. He knew that Aptekin hated to lose the use of the name much more than he hated to lose his mother.

Pointing to each of them he read, "Defne, fifteen, Emir, twelve and Ebru," who hadn't bothered to sit and was still standing next to him, Serkan looked down at her, "Five. These are the offspring of Aptekin Korpaz."

Her nervousness and fright for herself and her siblings was coming out as defiance, "Bolat, Aptekin Bolat. We are all Bolat's just like you are," she spit back at Serkan.

Tilting his head he looked at her, "Sadly miss you are not a Bolat as Aptekin was not a Bolat. It is a name passed through my mother's birth line and I can assure you that my mother did not give birth to any of you. My apologies if your parents lied to you." Serkan turned back to Leyla, "As I was saying these are the children of Aptekin and his second wife. If you could keep them here while I go make a few calls?"

Serkan turned back to the children again, "Who was that woman?"

The boy answered this time, "Nanny number five."

"Number five? Since when?"

He shared a look with his older sister, "In the past two weeks."

Leyla heard him mutter, "Fantastic, fucking fantastic," as he walked away.

She turned back to the children, "Are any of you hungry or thirsty? I can order some lunch for us."

Defne looked at Leyla, a calculated look in her eyes, "Yeah, we'll all have lobster tails, followed by a steak and then ice cream."

Smiling at the teen, Leyla showed why she had survived years as Serkan Bolat's assistant, "So that's sandwiches and maybe some chips? I think that we can scrounge up a cookie or two," she placed a call to Miriam to order their luncheon, she added salad in case Serkan came back or the teen decided she wanted something different. The youngest was still standing where she had been when Serkan was in the room, Leyla bent to talk to her, "Would you like regular milk or shall I have Miriam bring chocolate milk?" the little girl just stared at her.

"She doesn't talk, she hasn't since the accident where our mother died," Defne offered.

Leyla winked at the little girl, earning a small smile from her, "Then I'll have both brought. My name is Leyla, I'm Mr. Bolat's assistant. Would you like to eat in here or shall we have a picnic on the patio out there?" she indicated the patio off of the conference room. The two older children got up and wandered out to the patio, Leyla took Ebru's hand and followed them. She had brothers and sisters herself and knew all about rebellious stages.

Serkan was waiting on the line for the attorney, his receptionist came back on the line, "He'll be just a few more minutes, please . . . . ."

"No, I won't hold. He either gets on the line now or I will have those three children dropped off at his office," twenty seconds later the attorney was on the line.