Chapter 10

Eda, Ebru and Kiraz watched as the makeup artist did Defne's makeup with a light hand, "She's only fifteen," Eda reminded the woman, "She should look young and fresh, enhance her beauty."

Defne smiled shyly at Eda, "You think I'm pretty?"

Kiraz shook her head, "Not pretty Def, beautiful, mama said beautiful," looking up at Eda, "Right mama? You said Def is beautiful,"

"I did indeed sweetheart because she is. Defne is a very lovely girl."

She had a firm grip on both young girls to keep them from wandering in the store. They had already gotten reprimanded by a customer for daring to touch some of the eyeshadow. Eda was taken aback by the bold woman, "Pardon me ma'am but they are looking and only touching what I have allowed them to, I am well aware of what my children are doing."

The snide comment that Eda received from the woman had both little girls near tears. Defne wanted to say something rude, but she saw how Eda handled the matter with class and wanted to emulate her. To spite the woman, Eda took the disposable wands from the girls and dipped it into the sample palette, as a result, both girls were sporting a subtle shimmering eyeshadow while watching Defne.

With their purchases made they headed to the nail salon. With fresh manicures and pedicures the four headed to meet Serkan and Emir. Eda had taken them to the Water Garden mall because the place was so large and had many options for dinner.

Serkan met them at the hostess stand with a very happy Emir, he leaned in to kiss Eda, not caring that it was in front of the children. They were in a relationship, and he didn't mind who knew or saw them together. Kiraz and Ebru watched in fascination while Emir and Defne had small smiles of satisfaction on their faces.

Ebru held her arms up for Serkan, when he picked her up he got a kiss from her too, "My aren't we pretty today Ebbie," he tapped her nose, "It that eyeshadow I see? And lip gloss?"

The little girl nodded shyly, Kiraz wanted his attention too, "Serkan, I have it too, see?"

He bent down to lift her in his other arm, "Why yes Kiraz, you are quite beautiful too. Aren't Emir and I lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful women?"

He heard Eda's soft chuckle behind him as the hostess led them to their table overlooking the fountains. Serkan arranged them at the table so that he and Eda could sit together with a little girl on either side at the round table. After the waiter took their order Emir regaled them with tales from the planetarium, while Serkan complimented Defne on her new look. Fingernails were all admired and the small lip glosses that Eda had bought for Ebru and Kiraz were shown to Serkan.

They were all in a very good mood when a voice pierced their fun, "Serkan? I thought that was you. Are these Aptekin's children and the nanny?"

Eda looked to where the voice was coming from and saw the woman from the makeup store and her smile faded. Serkan's grip on her hand under the table tightened a little, "Selin," he said rather curtly, "This is my brother, and these are my sisters, but this is not the nanny this is my girlfriend and her daughter."

Selin looked at Eda, recognizing her from the store, and then ignoring her, "Would you introduce me?"

Serkan looked at Defne, Ebru and Kiraz's slightly angry faces and felt Eda's nails dig into his hand, "There's no need Selin, we don't want to keep you from your day." He said instead of introducing everyone.

She didn't take the hint and pulled a chair from another table to sit. She leaned over to Ebru, "Don't you have some pretty eyeshadow on?"

Defne couldn't hold back any longer, "Yes, and you saw us all at looking at the eyeshadows and you yelled at them for having the nerve to touch them with the disposable wand."