Chapter 7

Serkan had no idea what he was doing as a guardian. He enrolled the children at the Beykoz Academy and now they expected him to attend a parent's open house? What the hell was that? Serkan wandered through the hallways of the school until he found his destination. The kindergarten classroom for Ebru.

He felt like a fish out of water among these parents. Serkan moved over to the side of the classroom by the windows. He was looking through the packet of information that the teacher handed out when a young woman entered the room. She was simply stunning, long legs and long brunette locks. Serkan watched as she took the information packet from the teacher and went to the opposite side of the room from him and proceeded to read through it. He waited for a husband to appear but none came and then he looked for a wedding band. Her finger was bare.

A small smile crossed his face, he was in a kindergarten classroom, not a bar, he couldn't go over there and try to pick up the woman, or could he? Before Serkan could make a move to her side of the room the teacher began to speak and talked about what the parents could expect for their children. Serkan looked at his watch, he needed to talk to the teacher and still go to two other classrooms.

Eda walked into the room and greeted the teacher, she had already met the woman when she did a tour of the school a few months earlier. There was an empty space over by the door so she went to stand there as she reviewed the information in the packet. While the teacher was giving her short speech Eda let her eyes take in the other parents and that's when she saw Serkan Bolat lounging against the opposite wall glancing at his watch. The man could barely be bothered to pay attention, her temper notched up a little bit.

Serkan glanced from his watch to the beauty on the other side of the room and noticed that she was watching him. She had a slight pink flush to her cheeks that only enhanced her beauty. He was distracted by her and gave her a small smile, beginning the flirtation. Serkan watched as she narrowed her eyes and looked at him with something that resembled disgust. He guessed that he wasn't her type but then she didn't know him. If he had more time he would make an effort to charm her but the teacher had finished her talk and dismissed the parents.

He needed to speak with her before leaving for Emir's classroom and made his way to the front, "Excuse me, my name is Serkan Bolat and my ward Ebru Korpaz will be joining this class. I needed to speak with you for a moment about her."

The teacher took in the handsome man in front of her and gave him her attention, "How may I help you Mr. Bolat?" she had ideas if he didn't.

"Ebru suffered a trauma last year and has struggled with aphasia ever since. I know that she has a friend who will be in this class and I am wondering if they could be seated next to each other or paired somehow until she got used to school. Kiraz Yildiz is the name of her friend."

Eda was exiting the room just as she heard him mention Kiraz's name, she stopped and walked over, "Why is Kiraz a concern of yours?"

It was the brunette, "Are you Eda?" she gave a slight incline of her head and Serkan held out his hand. Eda took it in a brief handshake, "Serkan Bolat, your aunt Ayfer has been taking care of my wards while I'm working and Kiraz has become close friends with Ebru. I was telling the teacher that I hoped they could be seated together."

She didn't want to wipe her hand on her dress, that would be rude, but Eda also didn't want to acknowledge that the playboy had given her a tingling feeling in her palm. It was probably something that made them such successful womanizers, "I've no objection if Ebru and Kiraz are together. They have become friends and I think that Ebru could use a familiar face with her."

Serkan was trying to work some saliva back into his mouth. Eda Yildiz was potent, her smell, her voice, her face, her body and then the touch of her hand in his. Never had his hand felt the electricity that he had with her, "Thank you Eda," he turned back to the teacher, "Excuse me but I need to go to two other classrooms, I'm late as it is," Serkan glanced at his watch again. He stopped at the door as if to ask another question, thought better of it and headed to Emir's class.