Chapter 13

It created a small argument between Eda and Serkan two weeks later, when the children were ready to go back to school, but she eventually agreed that they would take all of them to school together on their first day. She was aware of what Serkan was doing and if Eda was honest with herself, she wasn't displeased with the idea. Serkan wanted them to be seen as a family unit. He had Eda and Ayfer as emergency contacts on Defne, Emir and Ebru's paperwork and convinced her to put his name along with Ayfer's on Kiraz's. She knew that the man was tying them together and instead of being frightened, for the first time in many years Eda felt relaxed and confident. She knew she had told her boss that they had talked about marriage but putting things down on paper was much more permanent.

After getting all the children settled, Serkan drove Eda to work. Ayfer would meet Eda for lunch so that she could get her car, she didn't want to be stranded in case there was an issue at school. Without even thinking Eda leaned over the seat to kiss Serkan goodbye, he couldn't help his smile as she pulled back, "What has you smiling Serkan?"

"You, me, us, our family, I'm happy."

Eda leaned over to give him another kiss, "I'm happy too," she meant it, Eda was happier than she had ever been. As a family they enjoyed a day at the pool on Sunday, gathering all the school supplies into their backpacks for the following day. They had sorted the 'homework' that they had been doing before school started into their folders. The teachers had assigned all the older students' assignments in each grade to gauge where they were in their educational progress. Emir had said that the teachers wanted to know how much knowledge leaked out of their brains over the summer, both were true.

Since they were attending a private school all the children had uniforms, so what to wear was relatively easy. Eda had worked with Defne, teaching her how to apply makeup with a light hand. The girl would break hearts she was that beautiful. Her black hair and blue eyes were stunning. Eda was thankful that Defne's eyes were blue and not grey like that Balca creature.

Serkan teased Eda over her reaction when she first met the woman, in the evening he admitted that he liked that she was jealous, it showed him that she was as possessive of him as he was of her. Eda knew that Serkan wanted a future with her, they were talking about it more often when they went to bed every night. Instead of wanting to put distance between them she found herself doing the opposite. Eda found that she liked sleeping as close to Serkan as possible. When she was married, they always slept apart but with Serkan, sleeping on top of him or nose to nose seemed natural. Neither of them moved when they slept. Serkan told her it was because she was there, before meeting her he thrashed in his sleep but with Eda he had found peace.

The other thing Eda had a reminder of was the amount of sex they always had. She had been a little sore this morning and Serkan insisted on taking care of her, she chuckled to herself when she remembered his version of kissing her to make her feel better. She had felt excellent afterwards. Eda felt a freedom with Serkan that she had been missing during her marriage, but she had found it with him, they discovered it together. They had been together almost six weeks, it was crazy how he had come to be important to her so quickly.

Heading into the office, Serkan was in an excellent mood. He hadn't felt this good in years and it was a result of Eda. He couldn't get enough time with her. Serkan had a small smile on his face as he relived some of their spicier moments from the weekend but those couldn't compare to holding Eda while she slept. He loved having her draped on top of him. Serkan was lost in thought as he headed to his office after picking up his messages from Leyla.

Serkan was deep into a project when Engin knocked and slid through the door, "Engin? Why the cloak and dagger routine?"

His partner shut the door quietly, "I didn't have a chance to let Selin go. I was planning on doing it this morning except she's in Pyril's office crying and my wife has texted me five times to get her out of there."