Bear hug

"Wanna head inside, it's getting kinda cold."

"Mmhmm. "

"Okay then."

*They're now inside*

"Can I have a bear hug please?"

"What? Why?"

"Because I just really need a hug right now, okay?"

Luna smiled and pulled Autumn into a tight embrace. She squeezed her gently, feeling the other girl's heartbeat against her chest. She buried her face in Autumn's hair and breathed in her scent, feeling a surge of love and protectiveness wash over her. She held onto her for as long as she could, cherishing this moment of closeness and intimacy.

"Damn your heart is beating so fast."

"I'm sorry, I'm just..."

"Shhh, it's okay. You can cry if you want to. I won't tell anyone."

Luna held onto Autumn, rubbing her back in small circles as she let her tears flow freely. She didn't want to say anything else; she just wanted to be there for her, to comfort her and let her know that everything would be alright. Eventually, Autumn's sobs began to subside, and Luna loosened her grip, still keeping an arm around her shoulders. She leaned in and brushed a few stray hairs from her face, tucking them behind her ear.

"Better?" she asked softly.

"Mmhmm."

"I'd say let's go to sleep but there's no point. It's 3:26 am."

"I guess you're right."

"D'ya want me to put on a movie?"

"No, I'm okay. Thanks."

"In that case, I'm gonna take a shower."

"Can I join you?"

"Sure, if you want. But don't expect me to keep my hands to myself this time."

Luna stepped into the bathroom, turning on the light. The brightness made her blink for a moment as she looked around, taking in the familiar surroundings. She walked over to the shower and turned on the water, adjusting the temperature before climbing in. The warmth enveloped her, and she let out a contented sigh. She reached for the shower gel and began to lather her body, starting with her shoulders and working her way down.

As she washed her hair, she glanced over at the open door, wondering if Autumn was still there. She wasn't sure if she should invite her in or give her some space. Finally, she decided to ask. "You wanna join me?" she called out.

A few moments later, the door opened and Autumn stepped into the steamy bathroom. She smiled shyly as she climbed into the shower stall beside Luna. "Thanks," she said, her voice soft.

Luna smiled back at her, reaching out to turn off the water. "Don't mention it. I hope you don't mind sharing." She leaned in, her face close to Autumn's, their bodies almost touching. "And I don't think I can keep my hands to myself this time either."

As she stepped under the spray, Luna let out a contented sigh, the warm water enveloping her. She reached for a washcloth, beginning to scrub herself, feeling a renewed sense of energy and vitality. She glanced over at Autumn, who was still standing beneath the stream, her body tense and her eyes closed. "Come here," she said softly, patting her lap. "Let me wash your back."

Autumn hesitantly stepped forward, sitting down on Luna's lap and leaning back against her chest. Luna's arms circled her waist, pulling her close, as she began to wash her back with gentle strokes. She couldn't help but notice the delicate curves of Autumn's body, the softness of her skin, and the way she trembled slightly in her arms.

"Are you okay?" she whispered, nuzzling her neck. "You can talk to me if you want to."

"I'm just... tired of feeling this way," Autumn said, her voice barely audible over the sound of running water. "I'm tired of being scared and alone."

"You're not alone. You have me."

"I know," Autumn whispered, her voice trembling slightly. "And I'm so grateful for that. It's just... it's hard sometimes. To be me. To be in this world." She paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I feel like I'm drowning, and I don't know how to keep my head above water."

"I'll be your floatie."

Luna kissed the top of Autumn's head, her breath warm against her skin. "When you start to sink, I'll throw you one of those tiny, colorful armbands they give you at the pool. Okay?" She didn't know if it was the right thing to say, but it felt right in the moment. "And if that doesn't work, you can always just grab onto me. I promise I won't let go."

Autumn let out a shaky laugh, the sound muffled by Luna's shoulder. "Thanks, Luna. You really are... amazing." She leaned back, her eyes meeting Luna's. "I'm so lucky to have you in my life."

"And I'm lucky to have you."

Luna kissed Autumn softly on the lips, their bodies pressed together beneath the water. As they kissed, she could feel the tension slowly begin to melt away from Autumn's shoulders. She wrapped one arm around her lover's waist, her other hand still resting on her back, and held her close. It felt so right, to be here with her, to be able to comfort her and make her feel safe.

When they finally pulled apart for air, Autumn's cheeks were flushed and she looked slightly dazed. "Wow," she breathed. "That was... intense."

Luna smiled, her heart still racing. "It's how I feel about you," she said simply, reaching out to caress Autumn's cheek. "I could kiss you forever."