Little monkey (Tw)

"And you're not going to anymore. Autumn, your mom's been sent away and you're gonna be living with me now."

"What! Really!"

Luna smiled gently, her heart aching for the pain Autumn was going through but also filled with hope for the future. "Yes, really. You're going to be living with me now, and I'm going to take care of you. We're going to get through this together. You're not alone anymore, Autumn."

Autumn gave Luna the biggest hug she could, burying her face into Luna's neck and wrapping her arms around her waist. She let out a shuddering breath, feeling the weight of the world lift a little. "Thank you, Luna. Thank you so much. I love you."

Luna hugged her back just as tightly, her heart swelling with love for this woman who had become her family. "I love you too, kiddo. We're in this together, no matter what. You're not alone anymore."

"Okay, but promise me one thing. You won't call me kiddo again."

Luna chuckled, feeling the warmth spread through her. "Deal. No more 'kiddo' for me. But you'll always be my little monkey, won't you?"

"I'm not a child."

"But you are, you little monkey," Luna said, playfully nuzzling her. "And I'm not just talking about your age. You're still innocent and full of wonder. You're still that little girl who used to climb up on the bar and dance for us. You're still the one who brought light and laughter into the worst of times. You're still my little monkey, no matter how old you get."

"You sound like a mother."

Luna laughed softly. "You know, one day I hope to be a mother, and I hope I can be as good of one as you."

A/n: Ik this is a rly short chapter but I promise the next won't disappoint.