A Club Called Omega

It happened exactly at 3:38PM on a Friday, fall afternoon.

The surrounding buildings shook and the skies turned a dark gray broken with red streaks reminiscent of rapidly falling sunlight. All the nearby people, suddenly impartially weak, from old women and children to executive men in suits went scrambling in all directions to avoid the falling debris and the collapse of the towering structures that they knew were soon to come.

Those who were of sound enough mind wondered if they were going to be hit by an earthquake or other comparable natural phenomenon that would spell out their inevitable ends.

The end-of-the-world religious cult members stared up at the skies. Those who were serious began to sing up to the heavens, certain that the second coming was upon them. Those who suddenly began to question their devotion went running into the throngs of the godless, suddenly woken from the verbal drugs they had been fed, scared at the possibility of their creator's existence.

To these suddenly insignificant people, the world seemed like it was about to end.

Except...

The sky returned to its clear, cloudless blue. The buildings stopped shaking. Not a single piece of debris was found on the initially trashless, immaculate streets of the high end, luxurious neighborhood. No life was lost.

For a moment, the population that gathered collectively wondered if they had imagined the fear and impending doom before shrugging it off and resuming their significantly important tasks for the day.

Not a single structure was out of place, not a single thing touched.

Except...

For a tiny hole on the penthouse floor of a club called "Omega".

~

"Wizard."

That was the first word ever spoken to him by a high level alpha. And it just happened to occur when said high level alpha was on the floor before him, staring up at him with surprise in his eyes. Most people of his caliber wouldn't even spit in his direction let alone make some senseless comment.

Perhaps the shock had rattled his brain. After all, he did nearly punch the guy hard enough for the wall to crack.

...

The wall cracked?

His head swiveled in the direction of the impact point. A tiny fist sized hole stared back at him, cracks flowing from the center like delicate strands of spider webs. The bright blue of the sky peeked through, mocking him with its improbability.

How the hell...

He turned back to the man and the gravity of the scenario suddenly struck him as a large gash formed on the face of the youngest son of the most prominent alpha family in the country and began to leak a bright red liquid. He had dodged his punch but evidently a piece of the concrete had struck him.

The youngest son of the most prominent alpha family... What had he done?

Yoo Jin's eyes darted around frantically, looking for the exit. It was there, only a measly 20 feet away but between him and his escape was the sprawled form of Mara, the omega that was supposed to be this alpha's partner.

He looked back at the man. His gaze was now calm as he stood. He was tall, like all the other alphas, broad of shoulder, and irrefutably handsome.

"You're a wizard?" he said, brushing off the dust from his suit. "I thought only omegas were allowed to work here."

Wizard? Wizard? Why did he keep talking about wizards?

Yoo Jin stared at him blankly, his mind torn between making a rapid escape and getting Mara the attention she needed. "They are," he responded, thoughtlessly.