1

It seems I've transmigrated into a character from a game I used to enjoy.

Judging by the room's structure and size, it's undoubtedly a dormitory in the academy.

The room is quite spacious for a single occupant, and medieval-style furniture is scattered throughout.

The furniture, seemingly reflecting the owner's taste, is uniformly extravagant and splendid.

I lowered my head and scratched it vigorously. Nothing would change, but the situation was absurd.

Just moments ago, I had been sitting in front of my computer, waiting for the new patch to download for this game. I had been eagerly anticipating the newly added shop system and the surprising additional story.

"..."

I slowly raised my head and surveyed the surroundings. As expected, it was a room in the academy's dormitory that I had seen many times before.

The pale silver hair and striking red eyes of a handsome boy were reflected in the full-length mirror in front of me.

Of course, I recognized the character.

A transparent window, faintly glowing, appeared before my eyes, signaling that this was the new me.

"Ah..."

But why did it have to be this character? If I had to transmigrate, shouldn't I become at least a main supporting character, if not the protagonist?

The character from the game 'Kyren Zena Chronicles' I had transmigrated into was Theo Lyn Waldeurk.

This guy was not an ally of the protagonist; instead, he was a third-rate villainous extra with little presence.

He was a character the developers inserted for comic relief and moral education in the early stages of the game.

Although he came from a prestigious family of heroes, he possessed the worst qualities and temperament.

In other words, he was a weakling with no special abilities.

His distinguishing feature was that he would die in any route—killed by the enraged protagonist, killed by monsters while showing off, killed by his disappointed fiancée, or killed by various other characters.

[Main Quest: Graduate from Elinia Academy's Hero Department with excellent grades.]

Time remaining: 3 years, 5 months, 23 days Reward: ???

But graduating from the Hero Department with excellent grades as this failure of a character was an incredibly difficult task. I didn't know what the reward would be, but the difficulty was too high.

In the 'Kyren Zena Chronicles', excellent grades meant being in the top 10%.

...I couldn't even run away.

In 'Kyren Zena Chronicles', failing the main quest led to immediate death. Of course, it might not be the case, but it was too risky to try.

In the end, to survive, I had to somehow graduate from this academy's Hero Department with excellent grades...

I had once achieved the world's first ending with a discarded martial artist character in the original game, but even I had no confidence in accomplishing this task.

Why?

Regardless of origin, gender, age, or race, the Hero Department only accepts the most talented individuals on the continent. Only about half of them safely finish their fourth year and graduate.

Setting aside excellent grades, graduation seemed impossible with this character.

The Knight Department and Magic Department were also full of talented individuals, but the Hero Department was in a league of its own. They desired one genius over a thousand prodigies.