78-84

Chapter 78: S&M (1)

The continent of 'Kyren Zena' is home to numerous races.

From humans, orcs, lizardmen, beastmen, elves, vampires, dwarves, fairies, dragons, celestials, demons, to ancients, the list is extensive.

However, the race that currently holds the most sway over the continent are 'humans'.

While dragons, celestials, demons, and ancients are individually formidable, their numbers are limited.

Furthermore, among humans, there are occasional occurrences of [God's Champions], individuals of such power that they can stand against these powerful beings alone.

Plus, humans possess exceptional intelligence.

They excel in acquiring knowledge.

Humans document their life's accomplishments and transfer this knowledge to future generations.

Due to this, humans grow stronger over time.

There was a time when a single vampire could decimate an entire kingdom, but now human kingdoms are well-versed in effective vampire countermeasures.

However, great demons, great celestials, and dragons are still considered as calamities on the continent.

Humans have struggled to maintain relations with other races.

The reason is straightforward.

The values and tendencies held by humans are drastically different from those of other races.

Take orcs for instance, they have lesser intelligence.

Their view of the world is narrow.

They are the kind of race that would forgo 1,000 gold in the future for 1 gold in the present.

Their nature is untamed and fierce.

So, while they display great strength in situations where brute force is the only requirement, they falter in more complex circumstances.

Humans are a race that persistently seeks supremacy.

In ancient times, humans were not a dominant race.

Their physical abilities were frail, and the mere arrival of a group of cockatrices often led to annihilation.

However, over time, the superior intellect of humans and their clear sense of purpose led to a significant divergence from other races.

After gaining a foundational level of awareness, humans leveraged their large population, remarkable intelligence, and organization to edge out other races, taking control of the majority of the continent.

Yet, human ambition didn't stop with asserting dominance over other races.

After gaining control of most of the continent, conflicts arose among humans themselves due to varying interests.

If only a fraction of the nations could unite, they could rule over the dense forests, barren deserts, and broad grasslands inhabited by other races.

However, the likelihood of such unity is slim.

These territories simply don't offer enough allure to set aside the interests of human leaders, even for a moment.