29-35

Chapter 29: All Eyez On Me (2)

During the fifth week, practical lessons were held on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday—a total of three days.

On Monday, a theory class in the morning helped students adjust after the weekend.

However, on Wednesday and Thursday, practical lessons occupied the entire day, from morning until afternoon.

The morning theory class passed quickly.

At 1 PM, it was time for one-on-one duels—the beginning of the official practical evaluations.

The one-on-one duels took place in a vast open space within the Hero Department, rather than the usual lecture building.

Students who had already paired up commenced their duels.

I had no predetermined partner.

At that moment,

"Theo, if you don't have an opponent, would you like to have a match?"

Noctar approached me.

"No, I want to try facing a new opponent."

"Good attitude, Theo. A truly outstanding warrior should not fear facing various opponents. I'll find another opponent as well."

With that, Noctar approached a group of Lizardman students.

He provoked the one who seemed to be the leader, and they promptly began duelling.

'Hmm, who should I face?'

As Irene mentioned, it's beneficial to have a wide range of duels with different people.

In all honesty, I could defeat even Andrew, who's ranked 9th, with my [Magic Nullification], so I'll avoid the mages for now.

It's best if [Magic Nullification] remains a secret. Of course, I'll use it if necessary.

I surveyed the area for non-mage students.

Familiar faces appeared.

Aisha, who continually fired mana arrows at Andrew's barrier, Eshild, who was being defeated by Jang Woohee again, and Ralph, who was engaged in a power struggle with an orc, were all present.

And,

"Why can't you use your strength like this, hahaha! Can't you put in more weight?"

"You green pig! You're just disgustingly strong!"

"Hahaha! A true warrior must be robust and powerful, you two-legged lizard!"

Noctar was already pushing back the Lizardman leader.

Their sweaty, 2-meter-tall bodies clashed in a fierce battle.

Watching them, I felt a surge of adrenaline.

I also saw Neike.

"Huh?"

But Neike wasn't dueling Piel; he was facing Max.

'Usually, Neike and Piel are a set.'