50-56

Chapter 50: Poker Face (1)

Neike and his group entered the basement of the Hero Department and found themselves in the interrogation room.

Their eyes widened at the sight before them—Theo and Rok stood facing each other.

On the other side of the glass window, they saw Instructor Francis, whom they knew well, sitting broken.

Although he seemed outwardly normal, it was evident to Neike and his group that something was seriously wrong.

'...He's completely out of sorts.'

No one uttered a word. However, everyone present knew that Theo had implicated Francis as a suspect.

Eshild blinked in surprise. "What... What's going on?"

"Professor James."

Theo interrupted Eshild and turned his gaze to the professor who had brought Neike and the others.

"I asked you to bring Jang Woohee. Just one person."

"Ah, uh..."

Taken aback by Theo's tone, Professor James stuttered before finally speaking up.

"Since we've apprehended the suspect, I thought it would be best to bring the entire first-year investigation team..."

"Send out everyone except Jang Woohee."

Without even looking at James, Theo directed his attention to Rok, who was in charge.

Neike and the others, excluding Jang Woohee, couldn't help but shiver.

"Understood. All students except Jang Woohee, leave the interrogation room."

"But, but..."

Aisha glanced at Theo and Rok, hoping for some acknowledgement.

Yet Theo didn't spare her a glance.

There wasn't even a hint of contempt in his eyes.

He stood there, arms crossed, solely focused on the glass window.

No care for the people who had doubted him.

Rok narrowed his eyes. "Don't make me repeat myself."

"...Fine."

Reluctantly, the five—Neike, Piel, Aisha, Andrew, and Eshild— made their way towards the door of the interrogation room.

Before leaving, Aisha cast a shaky glance at Theo, her eyes filled with uncertainty. He remained standing, arms still crossed.

It was clear he had no intention of engaging in conversation with them.

"..."

Theo's cold demeanor silenced them all.

Once they exited the interrogation room, Theo turned his attention to Jang Woohee.

"Jang Woohee, could you help me decipher these letters?"

"Okay."

His demeanor remained cold, but his tone was polite.