93-99

Chapter 93: Womanizer (1)

Ah, what a surprise.

Since when were you awake?

I hope you didn't see me washing up...

Doing my best to appear calm, I held my longsword and glanced towards her.

I quickly enhanced my [Observer's Eye] with [Amplification Orb].

Her tangled hair and half-closed eyes told me she hadn't been awake for long.

Relieved, I replied nonchalantly, "I was checking the area around us."

"Where? Why?"

Piel's eyes narrowed suspiciously.

Her doubt wasn't unfounded.

Disappearing early in the morning only to return with my weapon drawn did seem suspicious.

Keeping my calm, I told her, "I went to scout the dungeon entrance."

"Why... did you go alone? You should've woken us."

Piel's suspicion didn't waver.

She continued squinting at me.

'Phew.'

I need to clear up this misunderstanding.

...Lately, it feels like I've become an actor.

Using the [Amplification Orb] to enhance [Twisted Noble's Dignity], I tried to project an air of authority.

"Piel," I said, exhaling.

"You lack foresight."

Piel glared, bristling with hostility.

It was nice to see the old Piel after a long time, but this wasn't the time for nostalgia.

"What?"

I stepped closer, speaking in a low voice so only she could hear.

"Most people, knowing we'd be in Fosspatil Pass, didn't bother bringing thermal equipment. Can you really trust those people?"

"..."

Piel was silent.

I continued, "As soon as I heard we were heading to Fosspatil Pass, I formed several theories and chose the most probable one. The rest of you brought basic clothes and useless toiletries. Plus, this pass is in your family's territory, Piel de Chalon. What preparations did you make?"

Piel blinked at me.

After a moment, she shook her head.

"...Nothing much. I thought the academy would handle everything. I'm not good at planning."

Just as I'd known from the game, Piel didn't like to think too much.

But I didn't let it go.

"Piel de Chalon, you're a noble from the great Chalon family and the second rank of our grade. If even you are like this, what about the other students? Honestly, I didn't expect much, but the situation is worse than I thought. Sharing my plans would only demoralize everyone. They should just rest and keep their strength. That's why I checked the surroundings alone. Do you understand?"

Piel nodded, her expression blank.

"......I see."

Phew.

That should be enough to convince her.

I was about to leave Piel's side when─

"...Wait."