36-42

Chapter 36: Walking The Rope (5)

Outside, it was chaotic.

"Ugh, ugh."

"My arm... My arm won't move."

The area near the magic dungeon entrance teemed with injured people.

Even the instructors, composed of active heroes up to intermediate level, had suffered various wounds.

Healers bustled about, treating the injured without pause.

The situation resembled the original work, but witnessing it firsthand... it felt even more vivid.

"..."

Not all the students had escaped from the dungeon yet.

The number of people gathered was far too small compared to the 200 first-year students.

My eyes quickly scanned for Noctar and his orc companions.

'There were no deaths in the original work.'

However, unlike the original work, the types of monsters that appeared in the dungeon were different.

Additionally, the instructors' delayed rescue of the students cast uncertainty on the outcome.

Hopefully, there would be no issues.

"Ah."

Fortunately, I was able to find Noctar and his orc students. They sat calmly beneath a large tree, awaiting treatment.

They had sustained serious injuries, but not enough to quell an orc's spirit.

I approached them.

"Did you guys encounter a flock of cockatrices as well?"

"Yep. We could have easily dealt with those bird-brained monsters if we had better weapons... What a shame."

Noctar spoke nonchalantly.

However, his injuries were quite severe.

His left arm was broken, and it appeared several of his ribs were broken as well.

I spoke sternly.

"This is not the time to put up a strong front, Noctar."

"...Actually, I almost died. If it weren't for Andrew, that mage friend, I would have been done for."

"I see..."

As I chatted with Noctar and his orc friends, Senior Professor Rok appeared.

His serious expression had intensified.

Rok clapped his hands and announced,

"I know this is very confusing, but we'll be conducting interviews to understand what transpired inside the magic dungeon. When your name is called, come to the individual interview room. Oh, and classes will be canceled until we resolve this situation."

Despite the welcome news of class cancellations, not a single student seemed happy.

It was understandable, as most of them had faced near-death experiences just moments earlier.