12-20

Chapter 12: Angry (1)

4:40 in the afternoon.

A tad early for dinner.

As with last week, Noctar and I agreed to spar first.

Creak—

Upon reaching the training field, Noctar and I immediately headed for the sparring arena.

We were greeted by an array of practice weapons displayed on the rack.

Noctar chose a two-handed mace.

I gave a light-hearted smile.

"You don't need to hold back like that."

The two-handed mace was the primary weapon of Ralph, my opponent in the upcoming practical exam.

No doubt, his choice was meant to help me prepare for the exam.

I felt a twinge of guilt—I'd already received much assistance from Noctar.

"No, I just thought I might not be able to hold back if I picked an axe. My heart won't stop racing today."

Saying that, Noctar started warming up.

He must have felt the aura of my enhanced Natural Power all day.

Orcs are a warrior race.

Unlike most humans, they choose to battle the strong.

That aside, I wonder how long I can hold out today.

3 minutes? 5 minutes?

While not as proficient as with an axe, Noctar handles a mace pretty well.

The mace is his second-best weapon.

I chose a longsword and a shield and started warming up as well.

The power I could feel deep within me seemed to be boiling over.

Just stretching out, I could feel a significant difference in strength compared to before.

Like Noctar, my heart pounded rapidly.

Thud, thud.

Once warmed up, I walked towards Noctar who was standing in the middle of the spacious sparring arena.

Excited, Noctar grinned, his teeth chattering.

"Hehe, let's get started... Hmm? Looks like some other friends have arrived."

I turned around.

"Good to see you, Noctar, Theo. Didn't know anyone else would be here this early."

"Orc captain and... blockhead."

It was Neike and Piel.

Looks like they've come to spar as well.

They are set to face each other in the upcoming practical exam.

This practical exam allows students from other departments, professors, facility staff, and all non-Hero Department individuals to watch.