57-63

Chapter 57: Bad Habits (4)

Following my clash with Julia, I immediately returned to the dormitory.

I was in no condition to attend more classes.

My body felt incredibly heavy.

'Seeing Siena is out of the question.'

Given my current physical state, I suspect I'll be bedridden for at least a couple of days.

It was a struggle to make it back to the dormitory.

I managed to endure, enhancing my Twisted Noble's Dignity trait with the [Amplification Orb].

My body teeters on the brink of collapse, yet it moves, akin to a marionette with disjointed limbs.

'Phew, at least I made it back.'

I've never craved the comfort of my bed quite like this before.

Creaking─

Hearing my approach, Amy emerged and offered a respectful bow.

"You've returned early, young master."

"Yes, I'm not feeling well, so I'll go to bed early. I'll be in my room for two or three days."

"...Understood, young master. Is there anything else you need?"

"Hmm."

I didn't want to get up until at least tomorrow morning.

'...Assuming I can even rise from bed.'

"Tomorrow afternoon, pay a visit to the Knight Department. Tell Irene that I have to cancel our appointment for tomorrow evening. Extend my apologies."

Promises must be kept.

While Irene currently views me favorably, I'm well aware that the affections of a woman can be as capricious as the wind.

She could easily turn her back on me, holding a grudge.

"Lady Irene? Understood, young master."

"Yes, I'm going in now. Make sure to pass on my message."

With that, I entered my room. I wanted to lie down on the bed immediately, but my body wouldn't move as I wanted.

It was because of the amplified Twisted Noble's Dignity.

'This damn trait does have its uses. Alright, I should take a shower.'

I was sweaty and was likely coated in dust.

Only after taking a thorough shower could I finally collapse onto my bed.

The following day. The classroom of the Knight Department, Class A.

It was still early before first period, so the classroom was quiet.

"..."

Instead of her usual spot in the middle row, Irene found herself in the back, gazing out the window.

Her mind was preoccupied with the memory of Theo from his duel with Julia yesterday.

'...He reminded me so much of that time.'