Chapter 14

Tony woke up slowly, forgetting where he was for a moment. He just lay basking in the warmth surrounding him. He hadn’t slept like this for weeks, and he didn’t want to ruin it so soon. He drew a sharp breath when he heard a sleepy murmur beside him. Tony’s eyes shot open to see Rudolph lying before him, holding the blond in his arms. He beamed at the sleeping teenager. Tony felt his face flush as he realized what had transpired the night before, as he realized nothing had been a dream after all. 

He closed his eyes again, sighing happily as he snuggled further into the vampire’s arms. Feeling the steady rise and fall of the pale boy’s chest, Tony lay awake, his heart thrumming rapidly. He was so incredibly happy that everything had worked out; that Rudolph had really wanted him after all. 

He suddenly felt a shift in the bed and heard a soft, sleepy coo escape the vampire’s lips. Tony opened his eyes a crack to watch Rudolph blink his eyes blearily. The blond gasped softly when Rudolph pressed a gentle kiss to his hair, even when the dark haired boy thought he was asleep. He opened his eyes to gaze up at him, already wishing to have Rudolph forever. 

“Good evening, mortal,” he grinned from ear to ear. 

“Hey Rudy,” Tony whispered, bringing his lips to the pale teenager’s. They held themselves there for a moment before parting, smiling at each other. Rudolph held Tony’s head, fingering through his hair as he continued to press kisses over the blond’s face. He giggled, allowing Rudolph to roll over and position himself above him. 

Tony reached up to hold the vampire’s head between his hands. He brought his face to his, kissing him longingly. Rudolph let out a small groan before the teenager beneath him let his head fall back onto the pillow. He lowered himself so that their noses brushed gently, and then the vampire proceeded to climb out of the bed. 

“I’m hungry,” he declared as he lifted his shirt to scratch his stomach. Tony chuckled and got up, lacing his fingers between Rudolph’s. 

“C’mon. I’ll make you pancakes,” Tony could already see the confusion written across the immortal’s face. He snorted, pulling Rudolph by the hand. “It’s definitely not blood, but it’s awesome. Just trust me.”

“Of course I do,” Rudolph smirked. Tony led the boy out of the room, his feet lifting off the carpet as they flew down the stairs to the kitchen. 

Landing on the cool tile, the blond set to work preparing the pancake mix. Rudolph sat on the countertop, watching his friend attentively. When he had switched on the stove, he began to pour batter onto a skillet, the mixture sizzling against the pan. 

As Tony flipped a single pancake, he felt strong arms come from behind and circle his waist. He giggled when he felt the vampire press gentle kisses down the back of his neck. Turning over the last few on the pan, he twisted his body to come face to face with Rudolph. He discarded the spatula he was holding some place onto the counter; he couldn’t care less where. The only thing that mattered was his arms around the dark haired teenager, and his mouth on his. 

Tony wrapped an arm around the vampire’s shoulders and placed a hand in his hair, stroking through ink-black spikes. The blond gazed into his friend’s eyes, licking his lips as he smiled softly at the beautiful vampire in front of him. Rudolph shifted closer, and so he captured the pale boy’s lips quickly, coaxing a surprised moan from deep in his throat. 

They moved together for several minutes, running tentative hands over each other, kissing sweetly. When Tony had just begun to feel himself harden against the vampire, he smelled something burning. 

“Oh god, what’s that smell?” Rudolph broke away from Tony, wrinkling his nose.

“Oh!” the blond gasped, turning swiftly to the smoking pancakes. “Oh… I’m so sorry,” he quickly removed the blackened bits from the pan and threw them in the garbage. He turned back to see the boy leaning on the countertop, snickering. “What’s so funny? You wanna starve?” he grumbled, pouring more batter onto the griddle.