Chapter 21

Tony stirred in bed, waking up blearily to warmth engulfing him. It took him a few seconds to figure out that he was tucked under the duvet, surrounded in Rudolph’s arms. He was curled up against the blond teenager’s back, holding him close. Tony looked about, catching a glimpse of the record player on the nightstand. 

The vampire must have come looking for him and taken him back to their room. Tony let out a sigh of relief, knowing that Rudolph wasn’t too mad at him. The dark haired boy stirred suddenly, tightening his grasp on him, resting his chin upon the blond’s shoulder. Tony lay awake, blushing profusely as his boyfriend continued to sigh sleepily against him. 

It took another few minutes before Tony decided to get up, wanting to get ready for breakfast. As he carefully rolled out of bed, he heard Rudolph give a small whine before an arm was wrapping around Tony’s waist. He pulled him back towards himself and dug his face into the cloth of his sweatshirt. “Stay,” he pleaded.

“Let me go and eat,” the mortal chuckled, reaching back to ruffle his hair. 

“No…” the vampire groaned, forcing Tony back so he would lie down again. “Stay in bed,” the pale teenager whispered, wrapping another arm around his waist.

“Oh, alright,” he mumbled, pressing a soft kiss to the top of his head. Tony lay back gently, the vampire settling in beside him. Rudolph let out a happy sigh, snuggling into him. They lay in silence for a while, just feeling the rise and fall of each other’s chests. Then Tony mustered up the courage to say something about the morning before. “So… you brought me back, did you?”

“Of course,” he said. “I couldn’t go a day without you.”

Tony turned on his side so his face was mere inches from Rudolph’s. “I… didn’t change my mind, you know. I still want to do this.”

The vampire bit his lip, a sharp fang glistening in the low light. “I… I thought about it as well after you left,” Tony reached out a hand to cup his cheek gently. Rudolph looked into his sky blue eyes, his own twinkling with desire. “I said that I would be able to stand giving you up and letting you get on with your mortal life. The thing is… I was able to give many vampires up over the years because I knew those relationships wouldn’t last. I came to realize that those didn’t last because we were only fooling around; we were bored.

“But that’s not the case with us!” he finished quickly after seeing a flash of hurt burst across the blond’s face. He pulled Tony in close and placed a tender kiss at the corner of his mouth. “When you first confessed your feelings to me that night when I flew off,” he began, kissing Tony’s cheek, “I left because I was worried. I was worried about many things, like how you were a mortal, or how you didn’t deserve a monster like me.”  

Tony let out a soft oh and kissed Rudolph’s pale lips after he heard his voice tremble. When they broke apart, his boyfriend was smiling again. “It’s alright. I just… the thing I worried about most of all, though, was that you only wanted to have me for a small amount of time; for that moment. I realize now that what I had wanted was a long term relationship with you. I didn’t want to just be friends with benefits. That’s why I think that we should be together… forever; because I love you, and if you really wish for me to turn you… then I will,” he paused to take a deep breath, “so whenever you’re ready, I’ll do it.”

Oh, Rudy ,” Tony whispered, tears forming in his eyes. He tilted his head and kissed Rudolph again, evoking a small moan from the immortal. “Thank you.”

“All I want is for you to be happy, darling,” he said, sending Tony into soft giggles. He smiled into a delicate kiss, each of them taking their time as their mouths rolled smoothly together. The vampire cheekily thrust his tongue past the blond’s lips, being met with a deep moan. Tony moved so that he leaned over him, kissing Rudolph into the pillow. He pinned Rudolph’s hands above his head, intertwining their fingers together while he pressed further into his boyfriend.