Chapter 20

Notes:

A nice long chapter to make up for the break... enjoy!

**just a warning that the f-slur is used in this chapter, do if you need to skip it, that’s totally fine, take care of yourself <3

“Rudy, I need to ask you about something.”

The two boys were sitting against the trunk of a thick tree in prickly grass, shaded from the ethereal moonlight by the towering oak whose leaves rustled in the breeze. 

“You can ask me anything, you know,” Rudolph murmured into his golden hair. Tony was sitting against him, his back to the vampire’s stomach. He held the blond in a tight hug, leaning his head in the crook of his neck. He buried his nose under the human’s sweatshirt and pressed a soft kiss to his shoulder. Tony chuckled slightly and leaned his head back onto Rudolph’s. 

“I… uhm, I was… wondering if you would come with me to- to see… Rookery. At the mental hospital.”

Rudolph took in a sharp breath and his head shot up, looking at the blond apprehensively. “Wh- why? Why do you want to do that? I thought you never wanted to see him again.”

“I… I didn’t,” he sighed, leaning his head away from the vampire in embarrassment. “I just… I kinda maybe wanted to see him stuck in there… I want to see him as miserable as he made me for all those years.”

The vampire pulled him close, bringing him to his chest. “I’ll go with you,” he kissed behind the teenager’s ear, making him giggle quietly. “I support you no matter what. I’m not going to lie, though,” Tony turned his head so that Rudolph could kiss his cheek softly. “I would also like to see that man suffering. He deserves to be in more pain than you endured for all that time.”

Tony turned around completely and brought his lips to the pale boy’s. “I love you,” he whispered into his mouth. “I don’t deserve a boyfriend even remotely like you.”

“You deserve everything good, Tony Thompson.”

When they parted, Tony glanced over to see the sun beginning to peek above the horizon. He stood up and took the vampire’s hand instinctively. Pushing off into the sky, Rudolph laced their fingers together. The blond beamed at his vampire adoringly as they soared over the trees. He gazed over the boy’s pale gray face defined by shadows of lavender, thick black lashes batting as they revealed deep maroon irises blink after blink, beautiful pouting lips as he tried to recall the way back to the castle. Lips that Tony could kiss for hours until they were red. Tony flushed, looking at his sharp cheekbones highlighted by the moonlight. His magenta toned eyelids fluttered and he turned to Tony, noticing the blond’s eyes on him. 

“What is it, darling?” 

“I love you,” Tony said, leaning in to kiss him on the cheek. Rudolph’s eyes twinkled, the skin at the corners of his dark eyes crinkling gracefully. 

“And I as well,” he laughed, clinging tighter to his hand. They rounded a steep cliff and came into view of the aged building. And just in time; the sun had nearly risen.

The two shot into an open window and dashed down a dark corridor, trying to wind their way back to their room. When Tony realized just how empty the hallway was, he tugged his boyfriend into a narrow doorway, pulling him by the lapels of his jacket into a warm kiss. The vampire moaned into his lips, unhurriedly slotting their mouths together, fitting in with each other like perfect puzzle pieces. Tony ran his fingers through the immortal’s spiked hair as a careful hand snaked around his waist. They kissed for a few minutes, moving softly against one another. Tony eventually wrapped his arm across Rudolph’s shoulders, pulling him close as he nibbled softly at his vampire’s lips.