Chapter 18

“Hello, mortal,” a deep voice from behind Tony made him jump in his seat at the kitchen table. 

“Don’t scare me like that!” he grinned, pulling Rudolph down by his shirt to kiss him thoroughly. The vampire wrapped him in a tight hug, kissing his cheek. He hadn’t been back for nearly two weeks, and Tony had missed him terribly. It wasn’t the same without his vampire.

“You wouldn’t believe how much I’ve longed to see you,” he murmured into the blond’s ear. Then Rudolph looked down at the mass of papers spread out across the table. “What’s this?”

Tony glanced at the papers and sighed. “Taxes.”

“Sorry?”

“I have to pay them so I can keep living in this house. That’s why I have a job and everything. It’s not fun… but- but this is how I’m gonna get through the next few years. Until I get a better job someplace else, of course.”

Rudolph was leaning over the table, staring wide-eyed at the array of bills. His eyes darted about, his brow furrowed like he was thinking long and hard about something. 

“Rudy?”

He said nothing for a moment before he straightened, clearing his throat. “You can move in with me, if you want.”

Tony’s throat tightened as he looked up at the boy, who smiled down at him softly.

“You… you’d do that… for me?”

“Of course. I am your boyfriend after all. Besides,” he gestured to the duct-taped door they each had attempted to fix after Rookery busted it down, “that thing has been broken for ages. It’s making this house so bloody cold. And frankly darling, this place is practically in shambles. That man must have gotten it for a very low price.”

Tony giggled and stood up, wrapping his arms around the dark haired boy. “You really want me to do that?” 

“As soon as possible,” he whispered against his hair, placing a hand on the back of his head. Tony kissed Rudolph’s neck, and the vampire chuckled. “So is that a yes?”

“Yes,” he responded, lifting his head to bring his lips to the teenager’s. Rudolph smiled into the kiss, moving his lips languidly in time with Tony’s. The blond moaned when Rudolph swept the papers off the table, lifting him onto the surface. He hooked his legs around his waist and rocked into the vampire. Tony threw his head back as his boyfriend licked a thin trail from his collarbone up to his jaw. He couldn’t help but think about how insanely lucky he was to have met such a vampire as this. 

***

It took about a month for Tony to finish high school. He had gotten an A in every subject and graduated top of his senior class. Rudolph had been at the ceremony, holding a bouquet of lilies out for him when the blond had made his way through the crowd of cheering peers. Throwing his arms around Rudolph, he had kissed him deeply, causing the teenager to gasp into his mouth at their intimacy in public. A few classmates had whistled, which made Rudolph grin into the kiss, his fangs pricking Tony’s lips. But he didn’t care. Rudolph didn’t seem to notice either. 

The blond dragged Rudolph to a few graduation parties that evening, with him ever present by his side, Tony’s arm wrapped around his boyfriend’s waist the entire night. 

Tony had woken up with the vampire pressed flush against his bare skin, a sweet taste lingering in his mouth. He smiled and pulled his vampire closer, knowing he had nowhere to be now; he could stay with him for as long as he wanted. 

They eventually rolled out of bed later that afternoon, the blond clamoring downstairs with an armful of boxes to see Rudolph making breakfast. 

It had been fairly easy to sell the house; Tony wasn’t asking for much, what with Rookery’s money, his own, and the fact that he’d be living with Rudolph now for free.