18.

Nicki and Jay found themselves in a state of perplexity as they sat in the living room, trying to come up with ideas on how to find Bey. They had searched every corner of the house for clues and even reached out to her closest friends, but to no hope. Frustration and anxiety loomed over them as they pondered about Bey's whereabouts. They looked at each other, hoping to find a glimmer of hope in their eyes, but all they saw was a reflection of their worries. It seemed like an impossible task, but they knew they had to keep trying.

"Come on Bey... you have to be somewhere close," Jay whispered to himself as he scrolled all over social media for recent tags and posts that may have included her.

Nicki came downstairs with a cup of coffee and sat across from Jay he looked up, offered a light smile, and then continued to type and scroll on his computer.

"Good morning, any luck finding her?" Nicki asked,

Jay shook his head no and rubbed his temples. "Nah but... since Marissa seems like the most credible suspect we need to find her.":

"Im going to call her up, and hopefully, she picks up. I can track her location if she does." Jay said softly.

Nicki nodded her head and watched as Jay took his phone out giving her a call. She was very impressed by his level of tech skills and was curious to know how he even knew how to do all of this in the first place.

After three rings Marissa picked up the phone, with a simple greeting of 'Hello." Jay muted his end, allowing her to speak more and more in confusion. This bought him time to track her location. Once he put her coordinates into the system he got up to grab his coat and began to head out the door. He noticed Nicki's long face he decided to give her kind words of encouragement.

"Hey stop being sad...I found Marissa's location, You're free to come if you want." Jay said.

"Okay...but before Jay... can I be real with you?" Nicki said softly.

"Yeah... what's up ma?"

Nicki's eyes welled up with tears, and Jay sympathetically frowned as he realized that Bey was in danger.

"Come on now, you have to stay strong for B... messing up all your pretty makeup and shit. chill out. Imma handle this shit you got my word." Jay said softly.

"I trust that you are going to handle this but it's just that I'm overwhelmed. I haven't slept in days and my head hurts from crying so much. It isn't easy to accept that this is reality. I wish I had never let her go alone that night. I wish I held her tighter and told her that I loved her more." Nicki said while crying

Jay put his laptop down, walked over to Nicki, and held her hand, helping her stand up. "I know you miss her, I can tell you two are in love. It's weird to be without your better half I know the feeling. Shit... you stole her from me."

Nicki smirked, rolled her eyes, and lightly pushed Jay. "I didn't steal anyone. She just chose the better option."

"See... but at least you're smiling. That was my goal." Jay said softly.

Nicki wiped her tears and smiled faintly. Jay assisted her by wiping her tears with a tissue.

"Okay, I see why Bey loved you so much...I'll give you that, you're charming. I appreciate your positivity in the midst of all of this."

Jay shrugged. "It's the least I can do. I love y'all both so much, I love you because you make her happy and that's all I could ever want in life. Is to see her happy." He added. "We're going to find her. Come on so we can make our way to our prime suspect."

He patted Nicki on the back and offered her a supportive smile before heading out the door. As soon as he was about to head to the door he received a notification on his phone from Bey's number.