a helping hand (v.s.)

Instead of dying, Vince is rescued by Dewey and is taken to the hospital. However, he isn't left unscathed.

-

-

Vince shields his face from the lights blinding his face until he screamed when he felt a sharp knife cut through his hand protruding through his hand. His eyes widened and his head threw back when he felt the new horrifying pain, his scream still Loud and clear throughout the alley. His head turned over his shoulder to view attempting another stab. Tears began to fill his eyes as his brain came to the realization that he was going to die

Shit.

He couldn't move, why couldn't he move? He had to fight back, but his body just simply wouldn't. Vince watched with wide blue eyes as blood pooled underneath the gaping hole in his hand, letting  out a small shriek, a gunshot rang out and the figure disappeared as a pair of arms lifted Vince's weakened body up and hoisted him into a bridal style hold, a quick glance up revealing it to be Dewey Riley.

Vince panted, eyes glazed over with tears and dulled with pain in them. His vision started to fade, the edges of his view fading into black as his body tried to comprehend what was happening.

He heard muffled noises and gunshots in the background, probably Dewey or the killer getting away.

The sounds of footsteps against concrete, and then a door slamming shut filled Vince's ears. Everything felt so...
muffled to him though, like his hearing had gone down
and he was going deaf. The yelling of Dewey were akin to white noise on an old TV; his vision was so blurry that he couldn't make out anything that was in front of him;
and worst of all, all he could feel was large gaping hole in his hand.

He could make out a small voice, sounded heavy and deep. He couldn't recognize whose voice it was though. All he could hear was "Vince! Vince stay awake! Don't knock out, stay awake! We're gonna get you patched up, just stay awake buddy."

Vince tried to listen to the voice, he tried to keep his eyes open and stay conscious. His body couldn't stop his eyes from drooping though, despite his mind fighting to stay awake.
Vince tried to speak words to the others, but his lips were only able to muster small whimpers and gasps.

He tried to say Dewey's name, he didn't know why. He just felt... felt like he wanted Dewey, no, he needed Dewey. He reached his hand up a bit, coughing up his lungs as he tried to speak.

"D- ew-..ey.." Vince gasps out, voice raspy and choked
From all the pain. D-....D....ewey...."

He heard muffled responses, name being anywhere near for Vince to understand. Fuck, that fucker fucked him up.

Vince hoped they said something about Dewey though,
maybe a few comforting words about how Dewey would be by his side or how Dewey is strong and would be okay and that he didn't also get hurt. None of that mattered in Vince's muffled mind, he just needed Dewey because he knew his mother wouldn't come.

His head turned to glance around, trying to move seeing a blur of black through his hospital window, eyelids fluttered as he tried to make out the image. Was that the killer? Or something else? He hoped it wasn't danger, he was just beginning to feel safe.

Vince's vision was clouded with black spots dancing in front of his eyes, like a fog was covering his face and rendering his sight useless. He couldn't move any limbs after the medication flowing through his veins from the IV.

Shit, he was blacking out. He knew he was fighting to stay awake but he knew the pain always worked faster than consciousness.

Words repeated in his head, body fought for consciousness but failed. His hearing rang loudly as voices continued to echo and scream through until everything came out muffled and loud.

At least once his vision slowly decayed into a pitch black hole of nothingness, his mind emptying and body slacking in Dewey's arms. Vince felt himself fade away into sleep.

Bright lights blinded Vince's eyes even if they were closed, the young man raised a hand to cover his eyes from the shining light. He gave a groan of discomfort, feeling uncomfortable as his body rested upon a hospital bed.

His eyes fluttered open, trying to make out his surroundings but unable to with lights shining in his face.
What happened? Where is he? Did they go to the hospital?

Vince rubbed his eyes with his palms, his vision clearer and less blurry now. His mind was still waking up, trying to find out what was going on and where he was currently.

"Hello?" He calls out, a small echo of his voice following.
"Dewey? Hello?"

There was no response, which creeped Vince out.
Was he left in the hospital? That could explain the bed and the numerous IV's. He looked around again, seeing no person in sight. Which was weird to him, where was everyone right now?

With his good hand he yanked the IV's out with a wince, rubbing at his face again before seeing his arm that was bandaged and casted, looking around once more in case he missed anything before swinging his legs over and getting up, walking out of his hospital bed, wearing a hospital gown as he tries to find his way out. Vince's heart sank at what his eyes laid upon.

A doctor laid sprawled out with his throat  slashed.

Vince's body began to tremble with fear, and eyes opened wide and full of amount of shock he never felt before. His hand reached up, covering his mouth as he slowly crept behind the office desk as he could hear footsteps.

A shudder ripped up Vince's spine at the image of that masked figure, a strong urge rises in his throat like he wanted to puke. He gagged a bit once the figure was away, but luckily no vomit surged out of his mouth.

The urge never leaving him as he struggled to stay conscious and focused until a sharp scream erupted from afar and Vince immediately shot up and attempted to go help

Word Count: 1,055 Words