chapter 10 [tag/fil]

EVERYTHING seemed so normal mula nang magising ako, bumiyahe papuntang uni at habang naglalakad ako sa premises ng Libertad campus pero bigla na lang nag-iba ang ihip ng hangin pagkarating ko sa classroom. Hindi ko pa man din alam kung ano ang rason pero ramdam ko na agad 'yong bigat na sa 'kin diretsang dinidiin.

Sobrang lamig nang pagtanggap sa 'kin ng mga classmates ko. Yes, they're not the nicest ones as you might think. They always even worse than they were yesterday.

Hinanap ko si Leo pero hindi ko siya makita. Nandito naman 'yong bag niya, naisip ko, baka lumabas lang saglit.

Few seconds later, pakiramdam ko'y may mali talaga. Mabuti na lang nakita ko si Laura, kararating lang. Pagkaupo niya sa first seat sa second row dahil nasa first ako now, I greeted her first then I asked her if she could also noticed that there's something weird sa classmates namin today.

They would be looking at their phones, and then they'd look at me after. They started mumbling, whispering, and gossiping. The shades are kind of unclear, but I have a feeling it's about me.

Like a mushroom, Elfin showed up from nowhere.

"Laura, hey!" he greeted her before he threw his gaze on me. Judging by his look, he's apparently judging me. "Too early in the morning and you're hanging with the great pretender already?"

"Wait? What did you just say?" Laura clarified, her voice tone slightly went up.

I remained silent.

"Nevermind, girl. Since he's already here, let me ask him. Hey, dear! Why do you seem so innocent? Are you playing 'The Unbothered Queen' here?" Elfin was clearly asking me and I was right. They're talking about me but what the fuck did I do wrong?

"What's your problem, dude?" I asked him. Ayoko na sanang kausapin siya o sumagot pa pero sa tingin parang hindi niya palalampasin 'to, e.

"You want me to rephrase the question?" He crossed his arms and raised his one brow. "Anong pakiramdam kumabit sa lalaking may girlfriend?"

Bago pa ako makasagot ay nagtawanan ang buong klase. "Hindi ko ma-gets 'yong sinasabi mo, Elfin. Is this a prank?" I said that after the laughter became sort of inaudible.

"Oh, you're unaware! Seriously? Wait, i-tag kita!" He rolled his eyes, nag-type sa phone and then biglang tumunog ang notification ng phone ko. I opened my X app and then saw a trending tweet na naka-thread. It was posted sa X account ng university namin for secret files that posts anonymous rants of us Libertians. Never in my wildest dream na mafi-feature ako rito for some kind of mean allegations.

"Guys, he seemed so overwhelmed! Look!" Elfin clapped his hands as he burst out in laughter together with my classmates. They're all so freaking rude.

"What's this?" I asked him. I still couldn't believe it.

Elfin said 'uh-oh' and then cleared his throat. He fixed his floral scarf and popped his lips after she put another layer of lipstick. "Let me summarize the content, hmkay? There's a girl who hid her identity into a codename 'Cole', which is so easy to decode if you use your brain cells. Anyway, she said there's this bitch guy na nilalandi ang boyfriend niya. She even mentioned her boyfriend's name, your name, our section. In a nutshell, you're an accused affair! On the last part of it, she said she's afraid 'cause what if you're already fucking her boyfriend? Crazy, right?"

Laura's voice intensified, she didn't mind when she disorganized the chairs when she literally stood up for me. "Elfin, you're one of the moderators of that page, right? How did you even let this rant be posted?"

Elfin shifted his gaze on her, "Sorry to say this my sis... but we don't filter here."

"Take down the post, this is fake news! Hey! Did you hear what I say?" There's already a fire within me and it made me clenched my fist and jaw in madness.

Elfin turned his gaze back to me. "YES, and NO, I won't take down the post. If I do that magiging against 'yan sa tinatawag nating freedom of speech, right guys?"

He earned the sympathy of our classmates except me and Laura.

After the loud cheer, I frankly said, "No, you just want the likes and the attention, right? You just want it for fame."

His eyes widened, having his jaw dropped in suprise. So dramatic! "Wow, nagsalita ang hindi mahilig sa likes and attention ng netizens sa social media?"

Laura retorted angrily before I even had myself composed to give my rebuttals, "That's a different story, Elfin! Liam's posts is to boost his confidence, share his talents and spreading positivity! Liam is a good and clean influencer!"

"And this is how I influence!" He's being unreasonable now. His reply doesn't makes sense at all. "This is me being an influencer, okay? We love diversity, right? I'm different, okay? Clean influencer? Okay! Thank me instead as this was his first dirt."

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko kaya naman hinatak ko siya palapit sa 'kin. Hawak ko ang kuwelyo ng uniporme niya at halos iiwas niya ang mukha niyang puno ng kolorete. "Are you out of your mind? That's so fucking fucked up! That damn fucking post is a whole made up story!"

Kung ano ang siyang nilakas ng boses ko ay siya namang kinahina ng sagot niya. He seemed so coward now and can't even look at my burning eyes. Nanginginig pa rin ang kalamnan ko at kumukulo ang dugo lalo nang sabihin niyang, "Then why are you so mad? If it isn't true, you should be unbothered."

The whole class fell into a deep silence na para bang may anghel na bumaba mula sa langit.

"Excuse me." That familiar cold, manly voice. No doubt, that's Leo's.

I looked up and I was right, there he stood after us. I slowly took my hands off of Elfin's uniform until he walked out of the classroom.

"Are you okay?" he whispered and I was just looking down.

I tried to look at him and Leo gave me a glance, earning his smile but it's too evident that deep inside he knew exactly what was happening.

For some reason, the professor's greeting and command for us to seat echoed through the air marked the end of all the drama inside the four corner of this classroom.

Laura gave me a soft tap on my shoulder and I totally get what was that for. We both took our seats quietly, and the whole class, as if nothing happened.

Not too long after the preliminary activities, professor's about to start discussing when an unexpected young woman knocked on the already opened door.

"Good morning, ma'am. I have a vacant time now, can I sit in on your class?" she asked and she easily became the center of attraction.

She's so beautifully gorgeous and the boys started whistling and whispering. Her lips are so pink and soft. Her skin glows so smoothly but there's something about her that makes me feel afraid or nervous. But I don't mind that because I'm pretty sure, everyone noticed how perfectly fine she is. I could have given this woman all the nicest praises in this world not until the professor easily let her in and asked her name.

"My name's Colleen," she said at ang lahat ay natahimik.

Sinundan ko siya ng tingin at alam ko na agad kung saan siya patungo. He seemed to be expecting this to come naman kaya hindi na ako nagulat nang maupo siya sa tabi ni Leo roon sa likod.

Nagtaka ako kasi hindi naman uupo si Leo roon kung hindi siya mag-cha-charge ng phone. Ang mas nakagugulat pa nga ay no'ng sinilip ko 'yong outlet, hindi naman naka-plug in sa socket 'yong charger niya.

So, sinadya niyang maupo sa likod? Yeah. Fine, I get it.

Okay okay, gets gets. Iniiwasan niya 'ko.

"Our lesson today..." the professor started.

I was thankful because she was able to caught my attention. What a perfect timing to distract myself worrying about this cursed day.