𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳 [𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵]

"NICE! Where did you get that?" I approached him and touched the guitar before he even got closer to me. It's a typical wood-colored acoustic guitar.

He finally handed it to me and cheerfully said, "I saw a genie, and I said I'm wishing for a guitar!"

"Ha! Funny!" I rolled my eyes in response to his sarcasm.

"Of course, I borrowed it from Randy, my good friend." I noticed small beads of sweat on his forehead. Speaking of sweat, I've never smelled any bad odor from him, even during our P.E. class. Whenever we shower at the university, he never smells. Unlike me, I sweat too much even if I'm just breathing.

"Oh, that one friend of yours from that group... what do you call that... anyway, they play traditional and folk music instruments, right?"

He gave me a knowing look then asked, "Why? Do you have a crush on him?"

"No! Seriously." I gave him a stern look. That's not a good joke to make!

"Just kidding, boss." He patted me on the shoulder and squeezed it briefly.

When I glanced at the entrance of our building, I saw the time on the digital clock above the door. It's better to start now, so I shifted my gaze back to him and invited him. "Let's go?"

"Sure, let's find a place," he said.

"Do you know one?" I asked.

"A place?"

"Yes, a place."

"My place?" He raised and lowered his eyebrows teasingly, then grinned.

"..."

A different thought crossed my mind. Did he really just say that? His place? If he's not innocent about it, I would definitely think that response was a horny invitation.

I heard him add, "Well, not really, let's just find one."

"..."

But with his next question, "Hey, are you okay?" I snapped out of it. I must have been lost in thought earlier. It's good that I came back to reality quickly.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I shook my head. "Ah, nothing... let's just find a place." I grabbed him by the sleeve of his polo and pushed him forward to take the lead. I'll just follow his lead.

We walked for a few more minutes until we stumbled upon a vacant building near the Criminology department and close to the HRM Department.

"Maybe we can use this place, not many people pass by here," Leo looked around, adding to the picturesque view of the area. It's somewhat wooded and this building is at the edge of it.

I could even hear the sounds of nature, chirping birds, and swaying tree branches with their rustling leaves, so I suggested, "Okay, let's use this. Where should we set up? By the stairs?"

He gave me a knowing smile, "Sure, by the stairs for some excitement."

I paused and didn't even bother to say anything? But there have been thoughts in my mind lately. Series of questions, but... Is he trying to flirt with me? Are those hints? No, it could just be a trap. Yes, probably. There's a feeling inside of me telling he's a bit dangerous.

My phone lit up after it suddenly received a quick missed call. I slid it inside my pocket when I saw who it was.

"Who's that?" he asked. I wanted to say that it's none of his business to ever care whoever calls me on my phone. That's not nice for me to say.

"Oh, it's just... my dad. He just said not to stay out too late." I lied.

He seemed not to care at all, or so I thought. "I see, so what song are we going to sing for the audition?"