Ch-21 "Self Blame"

Felix, Chan, Jisung, and Jeongin rushed towards the backyard, their hearts racing with urgency. As they reached the scene, they beheld Minho and Hyunjin locked in a tense embrace within a swirling ring of fire.

Hyunjin's hands blazed with flames, his face twisted with anger and desperation. Despite the searing pain, he refused to let go, driven by a torrent of emotions threatening to overwhelm him.

Meanwhile, Minho struggled to control the turbulent currents of air within the fiery barrier. Each breath felt labored, the pressure mounting with every passing second. He knew that if Hyunjin's fury persisted, they would both suffocate within the inferno.

Felix trembled with fear and anger as he watched his friends' plight. His hands clenched into fists, his empathic powers amplifying his emotions. With a deep growl, he focused on the source of the turmoil.

Chan's expression hardened with resolve as he assessed the situation. Without hesitation, he stepped forward, his eyes fixed on Hyunjin's blazing form. He knew they had to act quickly to calm the storm brewing within his friend.

Jisung mirrored Chan's concern, his aqua-blue eyes reflecting the flickering flames. He stood ready to offer support, his mind racing with strategies to help pacify Hyunjin's turmoil.

Jeongin's golden eyes burned with determination as he surveyed the scene. Despite the gravity of the situation, he remained steadfast, prepared to assist in any way necessary.

Together, they approached the fiery ring, bracing themselves for the challenges ahead. With each step, they drew closer, guided by the bonds of friendship and determined to quell the flames of conflict.
.
.
.
.

As Hyunjin's rage intensified, Minho found himself bewildered by the sudden outburst. Attempting to soothe him, Minho softly called him "princess," but Hyunjin, with bloodshot eyes, revealed the truth about Lix , " Lix is your brother, Minho." Frozen, Minho's mind raced back to the heartbreaking moment his mother had informed him when he was 2 years old ,of his 10 day old brother's death due to an intense fever.

Hyunjin continued, his voice trembling with emotion, as he recounted the tragic fate of Lix, who was once Prince Felix. Memories flooded Minho's mind as Hyunjin detailed the deaths of his own cousins Prince Chris and Prince Peter, as well as their dear friend, the Western Prince Bob, who were all killed and reborn as fairies. Each death was a dagger to their hearts, leaving scars that never truly healed.

Chan's voice broke through, urging Hyunjin to leave, but his flames of fury only intensified.

"Hyung, you don't understand," Hyunjin growled, his hands clenched into fists. "I saw everything. I saw how Daniel was killed in front of me. She killed us because of me, because I rejected her, that cunning asshole."

Minho felt a chill run down his spine at Hyunjin's words. The depth of their enemies' cruelty was unfathomable. He looked towards Lix and saw the pain in Lix's eyes, the haunted look that never seemed to fade.

"And you and Peter... you went to take revenge," Hyunjin continued, his voice raw with emotion. "They tortured you both then brutally, killed you... and our baby , Prince Bob... he had to return to our castle. Right here, this place, our hideout..."Hyunjin's voice cracked, tears welling up in his eyes. "With your bloodied bodies, wounded and heartbroken from Peter's death... defeated. Bob killed himself too, right in front of Felix's eyes. Felix had seen everyone's death-his brother, his best friends, and even his husband-all left alone, wounded, and suffering till his old age ."

In the face of such profound loss and suffering, Hyunjin's turmoil was understandable, making Minho realize the depth of their collective pain and the impossibility of simply calming down in the face of such tragedy.