Ch-28 "Flames"

Hyunjin rose from his position a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "I have a surprise for you, hyung," he announced, his voice filled with excitement.

Intrigued, Minho watched as Hyunjin disappeared into the bedroom, only to return moments later with a small box in hand. With a flourish, Hyunjin presented it to Minho, a grin spreading across his face.

Curious, Minho carefully unwrapped the package to reveal a beautifully crafted necklace-a delicate chain adorned with a small pendant in the shape of a large bird with feathers. His breath caught in his throat as he realized the significance of the gift.

"It's a phoenix feather," Hyunjin explained, his eyes shimmering with emotion. "A symbol of rebirth and renewal. I thought it suited you."

Touched by Hyunjin's thoughtfulness, Minho reached out to embrace him, pulling him close. "Thank you, Jinnie," he whispered, his voice filled with emotion. "It's perfect."

As they held each other in the warm glow of the library, Minho felt a sense of peace settle over him. It was a moment he would treasure forever-
.
.

"What's this?" Hyunjin's voice was filled with worry as he gently held Minho's hand, his thumb brushing over the small but deep cut.

Minho's cheeks flushed with embarrassment as he tried to pull his hand away. "It's nothing, just a small cut," he mumbled, attempting to downplay the injury.

But Hyunjin's grip tightened slightly, his eyes searching Minho's face for any sign of discomfort. "It looks painful," he remarked, his voice soft with concern.

Minho glanced away, a sheepish expression crossing his features. "I... I got it while practicing with the sword yesterday," he admitted, his voice tinged with embarrassment.

Understanding dawned on Hyunjin's features as he listened to Minho's explanation, his expression softening with sympathy. "You should be more careful," he chided gently, his tone laced with concern.
Minho nodded, a faint smile tugging at his lips. "I will," he promised,

But then, a shadow of guilt crossed Hyunjin's features as he remembered something. "I'm sorry," he murmured, his voice tinged with regret.

Confusion flickered across Minho's face as he met Hyunjin's gaze, his brows furrowing in concern. "What for?" he asked, his voice filled with uncertainty.

Hyunjin's expression darkened slightly as he recalled the events of the previous night. "I didn't notice it yesterday... while we were..." He paused, unable to bring himself to say the words.

Realization dawned on Minho's features as he remembered the intensity of their "Oh," he breathed, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"I also... I squeezed your hand too hard," Hyunjin confessed, his voice barely above a whisper, his gaze filled with remorse.

Minho reached out, gently squeezing Hyunjin's hand in return. "It's okay, Jinnie," he reassured, his voice soft and understanding. "I know you didn't mean to."

Minho hesitated when Hyunjin gently took Minho's hand, his touch tender against Minho's skin. "Let me heal this," he murmured, his voice soft and reassuring.

But Minho pulled back slightly, a flicker of uncertainty in his eyes. "No, Jinnie," he whispered, his voice barely audible.

Confusion clouded Hyunjin's expression as he searched Minho's eyes for an explanation. "Why not?" he asked, his tone tinged with concern.

Minho hesitated, his gaze flickering to the faint but visible marks on his skin. "Because... because you'll heal those too," he admitted, his voice filled with vulnerability.