Morning

I blinked slowly. I felt stiff and rigid. Like I had been asleep for months. My mouth was dry as a desert. My muscles sore from lack of movement. It was day light. I could see the light coming in through the high arched windows. I slowly moved my eyes back and forth. I was in the hospital wing. What happened? The last thing I remember is the-.. the basilisk! I was petrified. Though why did it come after me? I could hear talking from behind the curtain that shielded me from the ones behind it.

"Harry why would the basilisk go after her? She's a Malfoy she isn't a half blood or.."

"Muggle born."

"I know but it did go after her. Maybe she's not as truthful as y'all think. Be careful. After all she is a slytherin and a supposed Malfoy."

"Oi fuck off with that Harry.."

"She's not like her brother"

Harry sighed and left. His footsteps echoed through the quite wing. The curtains pulled back and Fred and George walked to each side of my bed. I look at them both before they realized I was no longer petrified.

"Bloody hell! You aren't-"

"Merlin's beard!"

I pointed to the cup of water on the nightstand as I slowly sat up with George's help. Fred handed me the water and I took a sip. The water felt amazing.

"What happened?.."

My voice was horse and Fred and George shared a look before looking back to me.

"A basilisk petrified you.. but it was going after muggle borns.. so why you? Aren't you a pureblood?"

"I am.. at least I thought so.. my parents are.."

"No your parents are not Draco's. There is no way. He wasn't hurt. You have no idea why it would go after you?"

"No I don't..I'm a pureblood.. even if I'm not a Malfoy."

"So you knew you weren't a Malfoy?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Only Lucius... mother... and Kate know. Draco doesn't even know about it. Kate shouldn't know but I mean we have been friends since our first year and it just slipped out last year.. all I know of my father is locked away somewhere and I don't have a mother that anyone knows of.."

Fred sat on the stool beside my bed and held my hand gently. George sat on the edge of my bed and put his hand on my knee. It felt weird to open up so much to them. I didn't even open up to them about what happened over the summer with Lucius. Not fully. I wanted too I just wasn't sure how too. No one but Kate really would understand. Her father wasn't the best either. I felt something run down my cheek. I was crying?.. why was I crying?.. nothing bad had happened to me. Fred and George looked at each other then back to me.

"Y/n.. we are here for you"

"Always"

The pulled me into a hug. That's when it happened. I cried. Like actually cried. Not just a few tears but snotty nose and everything cried. I had never cried before like that. The boys stay there hugging me until my crying became sniffles. I pulled away and grabbed a few tissues and smiled weakly at them. They smiles back and I relaxed knowing nothing bad was going to happen and that I was safe with them.

"I'm sorry for-"

"Don't be it's okay to cry y/n"

Fred kissed my forehead and George held my hand. These boys where gonna be the death of me. They didn't know how much I needed those words.