Chapter 8: Shock

"They say yesterday's night there was some activity's at Asuka's Bridge" -Lowemon's voice could be heard, he was talking with some Knightmons in the entrance to Asuka's Sewers, he was leaning against a wall, arms crossed- "Guess Geovasmon was feeling bored at the job"

"Do you think moderator Geovasmon could have done something like that?" -Replies one of the Knightmons- "He's always so serious when it comes to the job"

"He's just an arrogant lizard, that's all, trying to get into a position of power by stealing the body of a Geogreymon" -Says Lowemon, the Knightmons sounding surprised at these strong declarations.

"Is that true?"

"Yeah, I've heard that's a thing with its speci..." -Suddenly, a bell sounds, with the 3 digimon looking at a pair of bells hanged in the wall, with a wire connected to them going underwater- "Blue bell... Somebody's getting close..."

Then a yellow bell sounded, at its side, a orange and red bell could also be seen, indicating the proximity to the Sewers, each wire being actually a sensor detecting a digimon underwater. Someone was closing in, and Lowemon had a good guess at who it was.

"Take hiding positions, do it quick" -Lowemon notices the confusion in both Knightmons, turning at them with his arms still crossed while the orange bell sounded- "I have an strong feeling we know this little fella... It's the same one that got in and almost finds about the facilities... I'd say it's time to leave the message clear for once."

Says Lowemon while smiling creepily, with the Knightmons hiding, whoever entered into the sewers was about to suffer the wrath of this fight-loving digimon.

...

Some time later...

"Well, Aspen, I wish you the best of lucks, mate." -Calizmon and Aspen stretch hands at Central Park- "...Again, thank you for yesterday's, I'd probably burned along with that jungle if it wasn't for you."

"I'm happy to help, Calizmon" -Replies Aspen, smiling- "I hope I can come back soon, will be a bit more crowded, though, hehe..."

"I know, sometimes moderators can come in groups"

"Yeah... And so will the rest of the players..." -After noticing he again called the digiworld a videogame, Aspen corrects himself- "I mean... Humans... Forget what I said, heh, I'll be seeing you"

"Same! Take care."

Both say goodbye to each other and leave in opposite directions, Calizmon to Shell Beach, Aspen to Asuka City.

The young human turns for a while to see at Calizmon leaving, with a slight smirk in his face, the moments he had with the bat in the digiworld made this trip somewhat less dramatic... In fact, it was enjoyable, watching the stars with Asuka in the background along with Calizmon was a especially strong image in his mind.

Aspen got to Asuka's Gates... Only to find them guarded by 2 towering digimons with knight armor, their eyes shining in the darkness of their helmets while their lances had the digimon logo waving in a flag.

With nowhere to hide, Aspen's presence was noticed right away, one of the knights talking inmediately in a firm, serious voice.

"This is Asuka City, beginning and core of the Digiworld." -Aspen tried not to look somewhat scared by how serious these knights seemed to be, now a tense, strict atmosphere could be felt in the place that once was empty and calm- "We require human moderators to identify themselves before entering"

"H-Hi... My name is..." -Aspen clears his throat and tries to stands firm, he needed to do this in order to leave, he just had to play along- "...Aspen Mark."